Now that you are atheist or have been atheist your whole life. What is the most interesting thing you know about in our natural world?

I will chime in when this post gets rolling. 

Views: 2760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have neither a God to ask about a point, nor a point to ask a God about and neither do I know that what you know about the distant future.

(But I find it wonderful that you exist too.)

That opinion wouldn't go over to well with solipsism. 

I survived a bike accident which SHOULD HAVE killed me when I was 8. I was struck by a car, sent a good 30 meters, and landed flat on my head. I didn't have a scratch anywhere else on my body. I "just" have damage to the frontal lobe of my brain, I lost a great portion of my short term memory and I was in a 3 month coma.

The doctors said I probably wouldn't come out of my coma. When I came to; I pulled my own tracheotomy out for christ's sake. The doctors then said I'd never walk again; I proved them wrong... that was 20 years ago.

That's pretty damn interesting, if you ask me...

That's pretty awesome.

Indeed it is.

A miracle!!!

I tried to read about it and my head exploded. I'm a science fan, not a scientist. What exactly, in layman's terms, can be done with it?

Quasars.  They are so far away and moving so quickly that by the time the light reached us and we noticed them they may have ceased to exist for more time that we can comprehend.

And mitochondria.  

That during an accident most people experience something like time slowing down. This occurs when the brains memory takes in twice as much information. So the more memory you take in the longer time slows down.

Yeah, that's a cool phenomenon.  I am ex-Army.  Combat causes time to slow down as well.  Very trippy.

It happened to me a few times before an almost crash with walls, that effect helped me move the car quick enough to prevent it.

The most interesting things to me is already mentioned, the rest of the universe, and music. Music can really affect my mood and feelings. But another thing I find interesting and kind of weird is dreams. I can have a dream one night, that feels really clear and coherent. About something dramatic, nice or just casual. And think about it the rest of the following day, and sometimes it stays in my mind several days. And I know that it is just made up jibberish from my brain. But I can get really passionate about the "story" that unfolded in my mind that night. It is not like I am making it up on purpose, but somtimes the dreams are just so... awesome =P

RSS

Forum

Proof Near Death Experiences may in fact be real

Started by Violeta Babacan in Small Talk. Last reply by _Robert_ yesterday. 1 Reply

Belief

Started by Chris Russell in Small Talk. Last reply by Ron Humphrey Jul 29. 1 Reply

Agnosticism

Started by Chris Russell in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen Aug 3. 12 Replies

I'm not an atheist anymore...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie Jun 12. 19 Replies

Blog Posts

Equuleus - the little horse

Posted by Brad Snowder on July 9, 2017 at 1:08am 0 Comments

Horrified

Posted by Mary smith on July 2, 2017 at 12:35pm 0 Comments

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service