Now that you are atheist or have been atheist your whole life. What is the most interesting thing you know about in our natural world?

I will chime in when this post gets rolling. 

Views: 2613

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The human head weighs 8 pounds.

I exist.

Okay, maybe too short. I mean that I am nothing but a collection of atoms in interplay with four forces and mostly empty space, no magic added anywhere, but I fucking exist nevertheless in a world full of other creatures that exists around me.

For me, the more interesting corollary is that someday in the distant future, nothing will exist. So, God, what was the point?

I have neither a God to ask about a point, nor a point to ask a God about and neither do I know that what you know about the distant future.

(But I find it wonderful that you exist too.)

That opinion wouldn't go over to well with solipsism. 

I survived a bike accident which SHOULD HAVE killed me when I was 8. I was struck by a car, sent a good 30 meters, and landed flat on my head. I didn't have a scratch anywhere else on my body. I "just" have damage to the frontal lobe of my brain, I lost a great portion of my short term memory and I was in a 3 month coma.

The doctors said I probably wouldn't come out of my coma. When I came to; I pulled my own tracheotomy out for christ's sake. The doctors then said I'd never walk again; I proved them wrong... that was 20 years ago.

That's pretty damn interesting, if you ask me...

That's pretty awesome.

Indeed it is.

A miracle!!!

I tried to read about it and my head exploded. I'm a science fan, not a scientist. What exactly, in layman's terms, can be done with it?

Quasars.  They are so far away and moving so quickly that by the time the light reached us and we noticed them they may have ceased to exist for more time that we can comprehend.

And mitochondria.  

That during an accident most people experience something like time slowing down. This occurs when the brains memory takes in twice as much information. So the more memory you take in the longer time slows down.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service