I say it is meaningless or "it would be better for a man not to be born than to be brought into the world", but Im just curious and somewhat sick of debates at the moment so you can criticize my view I just may not answer and Id like to hear yours

Also another question I have for Atheists is why should I (or anyone else) be moral if there is no God? I wont accept it if it is subjective because subjective morals makes Nazism moral.

Tags: Why, are, bother, monkeys, moral

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think your missing the point the Creator is above the created. God is just flat out better than Adam because He is in a higher plane of existence. God is the one who makes the rules not man. He condemns men for their actions not for Adam's actions

There's an argument for amorality if ever there was one.
//I think your missing the point the Creator is above the created. God is just flat out better than Adam because He is in a higher plane of existence. God is the one who makes the rules not man. He condemns men for their actions not for Adam's actions

There's an argument for amorality if ever there was one.//
Thats assuming your actions dont merit condemnation and who are you to say they dont? Your nobody. HItler thought he was doing the World a service, almost no murderers turn themselves in and almost all people who commite crimes have a "good reason" for it. For example, "everyone else was doing it"
Your nobody.

Really? My mom thinks I'm somebody.

HItler thought he was doing the World a service, almost no murderers turn themselves in and almost all people who commite crimes have a "good reason" for it. For example, "everyone else was doing it"

Well, I agree that comparing God to Hitler is pretty accurate.
//So God created Adam, much like parents create their children. Then, when Adam disobeys God, much like all children do, God's remedy is to burn Adam and all his descendants in hell forever. I would turn my back on your mean little god even if he was real.

Can you imagine if your child disobeyed you, and to punish him you put his hand on the stove? What kind of a parent would you be?//

Mentor I think your missing the point when you examine this story or any other story you should keep in my the sacrifice of the Christ. God has provided an alternative to the judgement deserved by Man. That is the Good News of the Gospel. The parent analogy doesn't work with that picture because the parent is no better than the child having once been a disobedient child them self. God is not guilty of the same things or anything that we are.

I also want to comment on the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for ungrateful people/ When you sin against an eternal God what kind of punishment should you receive? Naturally an infinite punishment because your crimes are against a higher being. your committing an infinite crime. Christ being fully God is an infinite being. So he took on our infinite punishment because He was the only One who could so we wouldnt have to spend eternity in Hell. An infinite being would experience more pain in 3 days that a human would over the course of an eternity. Christ suffered more pain than anyone could possibly suffer so that you might live if your willing to swallow your pride admit your wrongs and submit to God.
Col 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.

So what holes are there in my argument. Are these the "holes" and "logical absurdities"

//Exactly what sort of "higher being" wants to inflict infinite punishment on lowly life forms?//

God created man above all beings in his image and likeness though we are lower than God we are higher than everything else. We bear his image and when we do evil that is a direct insult on God's character and Judgement

//God is less than a worm if that is his or her mode of punishment//

Really what qualifies you to make that judgement?
////If you are right then God is really a piece of work. A two year human toddler acts better than him. Doesn't it bother you that you are telling us to worship a being who even though he supposedly created the universe gets insulted when one human animal on one planet of one galaxy in a universe containing quadrillions of galaxies does something he does not like? Do you rage and throw temper tantrums when ants invade your house? Jesus, David, you are infinitely better than the God of the Bible.////

You are really missing the point. God is personal God cares for each person so much that he would be willing to go to hell for them. We arent just ants to God we are more significant than that what we do matters, but we arent so significant that we can judge or even attempt to judge an infinite God.
//HItler thought he was doing the World a service, almost no murderers turn themselves in and almost all people who commite crimes have a "good reason" for it. For example, "everyone else was doing it"

Well, I agree that comparing God to Hitler is pretty accurate.//

Actually im comparing you to lither
Parts of it I have many issues
"Nobody sees God." - with their eyes but people can perceive God and see God in different ways.

/God is not touched even by imagination./
I completely disagree with this one

/ Through that medium also you are
experiencing only the existence God. Only experience of existence is possible./
I dont really understand what this means
//There is no way to see God directly//
There is a temporary truth
//It was a trick question, David. you just agreed partly with the Hindu definition of a Swami. I guess it is true that Jesus did visit India at some time during his life.//
Maybe I did agreee a little bit but all I said was No one sees God directly with their eyes
Well, that doesn't make much sense at all. Let's run the comparison now. It's in a chart, so it has; to be true*.
~ Hitler God (Christian) Kris
Human? Yes No, except when he is. Yes
Has Personal Ideology/
Moral Code?
Yes Seems like it Yes
Expresses it in a
Manifesto?
Yes: Mein Kampf Yes: The Holy Bible No, but one time I
drew a picture of a
bird. It might have been
symbolic.

Probably not though.
Has an Organized
Following?
Nazis Christians No. Well, a cat followed
me home once.
Does that Count?
Has Mustache? Yes Yes No, just shaved.
Persecutes/ Murders
Dissenters?
Yes:
-Communists
-Religious Dissenters
-Nazism Critics in General
-Criminals
-P.O.W.s
Yes:
We're going to need a
much bigger box.
No
Persecutes/ Murders
People for no
Damn Reason?
Yes:
-Jews
-Homosexuals
-Roma
-Undesired Ethnicities
-People with mental and
physical disabilities
Yes:
We're going to need a
much bigger box.
No
Starts/ Inspires Wars? Yes: WWII Yes:
We're going to need a
much bigger box.
No
Causes Harm to
Puppies and Kittens?
Yes Yes No
Likes Cotton Candy? No** No** Occasionally
*valid only for charts made by me
**speculative
Lol amazing box. Although I disagree with the whole God having a mustache bit.
Jesus had one and Jesus is God.

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service