I say it is meaningless or "it would be better for a man not to be born than to be brought into the world", but Im just curious and somewhat sick of debates at the moment so you can criticize my view I just may not answer and Id like to hear yours

Also another question I have for Atheists is why should I (or anyone else) be moral if there is no God? I wont accept it if it is subjective because subjective morals makes Nazism moral.

Tags: Why, are, bother, monkeys, moral

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm... from where I'm standing, that would be a tenuous claim for the most part. He expressed his opinion of you to you. It wasn't particularly nice, but I don't see how it's fallacious. Maybe the 'cyber-terrorist' line fits 'poisoning the well'.
Insulting a person discredits their claims
No, I'm sorry, but that's BS. Insulting a person insults a person. It can be in an attempt to discredit a person, and, by association, their claims, but in most cases it only expresses negative sentiments and nothing more.
To think that someone's claims are discredited just because of the insults is a logical fallacy. No one is doing that. Hence no logical fallacy.
It allows for emotions to interfere with reason. For example If I said you were a sex offender some people would be more likely to view your statements in a positive light EDIT YES kris i meant negative light.
In a positive light? Did you mean negative light?

Anyway, that would be libelous defamation. As to whether it is poisoning the well or an ad hominem attack, that would depend on how you used the statement.
I think you're putting words in my mouth to make it seem like an insult. You're being very negative, sir. Why are you acting like you know me well enough to know what I was assuming? Also, with the 'worst kind of person' statement, you need to use your 'bible-reading' skills, and put that into context. If you actually read my post, you'd have known that the next line says that I'm saying you're part of the 'Evangelical Religious Masses.' If you consider me calling you 'Religious' an ad hominem attack, then by all means, go ahead and be mad about it. I feel very sorry for you, actually, for having such a negative outlook on life. Is that part of your religion, or just how you feel?
here are some things you have said directed at me "I think you do so out of arrogance. Yes, I said it. In your twisted mind," So now Im arrogant and twisted, at least thats what you think.

"I say it is you who needs to open your eyes." Why do I need to open my eyes? Are they closed? IF they are arent you calling me ignorant?

"You are here to terrorize. You are a cyber-terrorist in the Religious War on Atheism."
Im a terrorist for asking what is the meaning of life without God? Have I terrified you?

"I place you amongst the worst kind of people on Earth." Like Hitler or who do you define as the worst person on earth?
"I place you amongst the Evangelical Religious Masses, which are tearing this beautiful planet apart, limb from limb."
O so genocide isnt the worst thing but harming our environment is and I belong to the worst group in the world according to you, but your not trying to insult me or anything.

These seem like opinions
Why should I even respond to hurtful comments like those. Awfully accusing and assumptive too
I don't believe you have ever replied to my first post. "If there was undeniable proof that there was no god and everyone accepted that, you're argument is that everyone would start stealing and murdering and raping, but that it is not your intent and that you would not do that, right? Well if there was no god, what would keep you from doing it? Maybe because you have a sense of right or wrong regardless of whether there is a god, otherwise if you became an atheist you would rape and pillage and murder. You're logic is broken, you can't say "this is what society would do if there was no god, but I wouldn't do it if there was no god, and I don't advocate those views" you can't have it both ways."
I dont believe I have ever read this.

If i believed there was no God, not if there was no God, I wouldnt practice those things. IF there was no God I dont see why anyone would have a Humanitarian mentality because raping and pillaging is just the big fish eating the little fish, survival of the fittest. But since there is a God everyone has a sense of morality that comes from God but can choose to ignore it (as they often do)
You have no idea what you're talking about. Evolution doesn't work that way, so yes, morality is a result of evolution.

Anyway, stop wining and try to think about this matter! You really seem to be on auto-pilot when arguing your religious status with those incredibly idiotic... yes, IDIOTIC arguments.

I don't know if this can be qualified as poisoning the well, or the pool, or even the ocean, but I know it's what I think is right in these circumstances. Wouldn't you feel the same way about a guy claiming that The Pink Unicorn exists because it says so in a book?

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 1 hour ago. 133 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.