I say it is meaningless or "it would be better for a man not to be born than to be brought into the world", but Im just curious and somewhat sick of debates at the moment so you can criticize my view I just may not answer and Id like to hear yours

Also another question I have for Atheists is why should I (or anyone else) be moral if there is no God? I wont accept it if it is subjective because subjective morals makes Nazism moral.

Tags: Why, are, bother, monkeys, moral

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All of his posts? There is a lot of good stuff in there and the insults are probably a bit too extreme and rude, but they're borderline acceptable IMO.
All of the posts directed towards me are guilty of ad hominem they should be deleted unless the debate guidelines are just suggestions and not guidelines like the name suggests
No one here said you being an idiot is the reason your arguments are idiotic. In fact no one called you an idiot. We just pointed our that your arguments make no logical sense! No one here was guilty of an ad hominem attack as far as I'm aware of.
He said I am as useless as prayer essentially saying I am useless which is an insult. That is of course assuming that atheists believe prayer is useless which is a fair assumption
Yeah, that was an insult. He said you were useless. Which is probably against the guidelines. But insulting you there was NOT an ad hominem attack, regardless, because he didn't say your arguments aren't sound BECAUSE of that.
//ad hominem attack, regardless, because he didn't say your arguments aren't sound BECAUSE of that.//
Isnt poisoning the well ad hominem? When the guidelines said all ford of ad hominem that is what I assumed it to mean.
Hahaha, I chose my words very carefully in that statement, Mr. O'Connell. It was most definitely an attack on your posts, as opposed to you as a person. I neither stated that you, as a person were an idiot, nor that you were 'useless.' I'll break it down for you, since you seem to be jumping to conclusions. The idiocracy of your posts are obvious, I was just pointing it out. And I said you're about as USEFUL (not 'useless') as prayer. If you don't believe in the usefulness of prayer, you'll take that as an insult. If you DO believe in prayer, you'll take it as a compliment. I think we all know which road you took. Way to shoot yourself in the foot...
FYI I have been here for almost a year and seen 2 atheists banned from the site for either trolling/ spamming/ lying/ more than one of these.
//If you don't believe in the usefulness of prayer, you'll take that as an insult. If you DO believe in prayer, you'll take it as a compliment. I think we all know which road you took. Way to shoot yourself in the foot...//

I go with option C you are an atheist so i took it as what you would think it was
(based on my assumption that atheists think prayer is pointless. You have also said that I am the worst kind of person there is which is clearly ad hominem in some form
Why would you want God to decide Im not fit for heaven?
Can you define for us what you think argumentum ad hominem means? You seem to be classifying any insult as ad hominem. That would not be correct.
Im sorry poisoning the well which is arguably a form of ad hominem

RSS

Forum

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 34 minutes ago. 46 Replies

What is "Rational thinking"?

Started by Roy Plisko in Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology. Last reply by Roy Plisko 42 minutes ago. 176 Replies

The Angelina Jolie Effect

Started by Belle Rose in Biology and Medicine. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 hour ago. 4 Replies

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 14 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service