I say it is meaningless or "it would be better for a man not to be born than to be brought into the world", but Im just curious and somewhat sick of debates at the moment so you can criticize my view I just may not answer and Id like to hear yours

Also another question I have for Atheists is why should I (or anyone else) be moral if there is no God? I wont accept it if it is subjective because subjective morals makes Nazism moral.

Tags: Why, are, bother, monkeys, moral

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What does a good God owe evil people except justice i.e. death eternal damnation. The fact that some people live comfortably or not is a demonstration of God's mercy The reason that not doing good would be evil is because you owe it to God who has done nothing wrong not to man who commits evil acts everyday.

Bull shit. Your God is a wretched tyrant for even creating an eternal hell in the first place. Hell was not for evil people. Hell is for everybody unless you choose the "right" religion, but God makes it hard by hiding in obscurity and creating people with a propensity for finding a wide variety of different belief systems.

again my definition of evil is the absence of good

Bull shit. There's also neutrality. Just because I choose not to do a good deed any particular day doesn't make me evil. Evil is Good's opposite, not its absence.

As someone who holds to a set of relative morals you cant really say that something is good or evil because your just stating your opinion not the truth

Bull shit. I don't even need to itemize how stupid that line of thinking is. Again. You're playing the "poor dumb broken humans" card brilliantly, just like a good Christian.
The fact that some people live comfortably or not is a demonstration of God's mercy

So if a bad person lives comfortably or a good person lives in squalor, it's both a demonstration of God's mercy? Sounds more like proof of God's non-existence to me.
Here here!
What do I owe an evil god? You're the one who holds relative morals. If it's sometimes moral to condone genocide, depending on God's mood, that's relativity. In my mind, it's always wrong no matter who condones it.

God is as merciful as Hitler was, but worse. "Allowing" people to live comfortably is not mercy unless you're a tyrant, like Mario said. Your god is a tyrant, and I do not take the blame for his evil.
What does a good God owe evil people...

He owes them an apology...

... but you know, I'm willing to just let bygones be bygones so I can move on with my life.

Monty Python FTW!
Yes, we're back to Monty Python! I was hoping my quote from them would turn this into a Python discussion, but it didn't...until now!
Yeah trying to have a conversation with someone who doesn't understand what any of us are saying and says self-contradictory stuff and uses circular logic is a waste of time. So bye. I'm done now. This discussion is just pointless now.

I will end saying that I am appalled that there are actually people in the world who think that if a bad thing happens to anyone, even a 6th month old baby, then that person sinned and must have deserved it. Who think that every person in Haiti deserved the earthquake, or that 9/11 happened because Americans are sinners. Appalled. It makes me sad and horrified at all once for all people in the world who think like David.
I would say I'm done here as well, because this stuff is pissing me off, but I just can't help but being attracted to controversy. LOL.
I can't hold it back. I'm going to leave this post by saying this: David. You're a snot bag and you disgust me.
Alright, I'm done, too. It's useless and kind of horrifying. BYE DAVID! I hope you come to your senses!
Yeah. I may have practiced poor etiquette here. But this whole thread was amusing up until I read. . . what was it? Page 15? When he started going on the whole high and mighty road and calling people hypocrites. That just about tore it for me.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service