Not believing in God is like not shaving.

'Oh you're growing a beard' people say.

'No, I'm just not shaving.'

Views: 2804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...and it turned out God's no. wasn't connected anyway. So you concluded the whole thing was a drunken hallucination.

Not believing in God is like having the biggest burden lifted off my shoulders. I feel so much lighter and more free to explore the world without God-colored goggles. Moreover, I feel relieved.

This may be hard for some to accept, but it's nice to be able to take science at face value without thinking there some evil spirit lurking behind it all trying to deceive the hearts of men. So the the whole world of the sciences has opened up to me. AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Well it's like in The Matrix when Morpheous says : Youv'e been living in a dream world Neo! Waking up and not believing in God makes me feel free.

we have eaten the red pill ;)
looking at the world with non-believer eyes for me is like eating a delicious
cake and feeling its flavour for the first time

As someone who doesn't believe in god, and doesn't shave, I approve this message.

To me, not believing in god is just natural. I can't put words to it any better than you have. It's just like not believing in santa or the boogyman.

...about 25% of respondents said they were both created and evolved. That ridiculous answer must have been easier than fighting their brainwash.

True. Deprogramming and Learning both take time.

It's like parting a translucent curtain and finally seeing what's beyond with total clarity.

It’s like not believing that a sociopathic dragon has created a contradictory set of rules, and is flying around out of site waiting to roast anyone who violates them in any way, and trying to live my life in a respectful and intelligent way while most of those around me scurry about trying to avoid the flames.

A little bit of sadness, a little bit of scorn, and lots of lulz.

@Holly - there will always be people who refuse to give it up -

I don't know because I've never believed in one to compare it ...

I asked a friend once what it was like having a father who was a Dentist.

and he said -  "I dont know - whats it like NOT having a father who was a Dentist".

same kind of thing I guess.

The beard thing - I get the same kind of comments about my nails.

'Oh you're growing your nails'  people say.

'No not really, I'm just not cutting them.'

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service