Not believing in God is like not shaving.

'Oh you're growing a beard' people say.

'No, I'm just not shaving.'

Views: 2751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

being an athiest means being wise in your own eyes and not having an all knowing God making the rules and telling you your purpose in life. you get to wander about ungratefully and pass willful ignorance down to your children while the God who loves you continues to send Christians your way to try to love you back into the truth

@brookelynn

Except that you have no gods telling you what to do - and you can't even name the god in which you think you believe.  No, you have a cult that dictates what you think and believe - a cult that sends devotees like you out seeking fresh brains....like zombies.

My goodness, you're right brooklynn - here's one of those loving Christians now!

'Oh you're seeking enlightenment' people say.

'No, I'm just not believing.'

It's like waking up from a dream that seemed completely real while you were in it, and now seems absolutely ludicrous.

Just like the Matrix. 

Ha! I wish that was the response I'd gotten. It was more like, "You don't really not believe! You've just had a bad experience and are just angry/rebellious/confused etc... " I would've been flattered if they thought I was seeking enlightenment because... I actually was.

I got that from my wife. Then I got, "Can't you just pretend? For me?" I was left thinking, "aren't christians supposed to be 'lovers of the truth'"?

Her reaction(s) over time, more than anything else, reinforces my opinion that christianity is bullshit.

Me too, Cara.

Unless one believes in every god that has ever been imagined, everyone should already know what not believing in a god is like.

Shhhh. Don't tell Christians that they are the 99%!

I'd take issue with that analogy because beards exist and are part of the known universe. As for God.... meh.

Not believing in god is liberating... as the truth always is. 

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Simon Mathews 3 hours ago. 4 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 22 hours ago. 15 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service