Hello members of Think Atheist!  

A simple question.  What is Love?  

I will give my own take on it first.  After that, Discuss!  

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A musical interlude anyone?  I am all about '80s music!  (Howard Jones, "What is Love?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE61Bz7IHKg

"The sex drive evolved to motivate ancestral men and women to seek sexual union with a range of partners; romantic love evolved to enable them to focus their courtship energy on a preferred mate; thereby conserving mating time and energy; attachment evolved to enable them to rear a child through infancy together." -Helen Fisher

'... evolved to motivate ancestral men and women' - how anthropocentric ;-). I'd bet Fisher's three forms of love evolved well before the first man met the first woman.
Well Helen Fisher is a biological anthropologist so I'd expect her to have a human bias. ;-)
Any self-respecting scientist would be trying very hard to free themselves of experimenter bias.
Very true ;-). But self-respecting scientists would also use large experimental samples to mitigate bias.
Very true ;-)
baby dont hurt me no more. sorry. It was unavoidable.
BABY DON'T HURT ME
I keep picturing head bobbing from night at the roxbury.
Ha ha. Thanks a lot guys. That song has been crashing around inside of my head all morning because of this thread. lol

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 13 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service