What does Think Atheist think of The Assassin's Creed?

So I went back and replayed the entire Assassin's Creed series so far and I was contemplating on what the main charecter: Ezio, said about The Assassin's Creed. so I wondered What does Think Atheist think of The Assassin's Creed? "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."

Views: 1096

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

care to expand on that?

it is surely false that "Nothing is true"

That's surely true. The statement "Nothing is true" is an oxymoron as it relies on truth in the first place, it cuts off the branch upon which it sits. The kind of postmodernism you have explained is nothing but self important, prancing, multisyllabic vacuous nonsense. Obscurantism defined... It’s an attack on common sense and clarity. 

Not much!

Tenchu was way better.

"Everything is permitted" is a concept explored by fatalist Ivan Karamazov, which character Dostoevsky counterbalanced by the character of Ivan's youngest brother, Alyosha, a monk, in The Brothers Karamazov; though the two never met, the concept was arrived at simultaneously, yet separately, by Friedrich Nietzsche.

The thing is, it's along the same logical lines of "if god's gonna forgive you anyway, there's no consequence." If you're looking to justify actions based on what sort of moral guidelines you have or don't have you will. There is a stark difference between morality and integrity.

Assassin's what ?

This:

If I take "Nothing is true" literally, then "Everything is permitted" is false!

Precisely... that's what's wrong with nihilism. They can't say anything without contradicting themselves. Even saying "nothing is true" is a contradiction. It is a disguised double negative. If "nothing is true" then  the assertion that "nothing is true" cannot be true. 

The creed? Nihilism at it's worst. But the game... cool. It's just a game for me.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service