What do you say or do when people ask what your zodiac sign is?

This is just a fun discussion! I was thinking about how rubbish horoscopes are and it scares me to think that tons of my family members truly believe in them. So just wondering what you guys say or do when people ask you what zodiac sign is yours. Do you guys tell them or do you guys tell them that you don't believe in that?

Tags: Astrology, Fun, Horoscopes, Random

Views: 1254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say, "Aries are naturally skeptical. We don't believe in Astrology."

What do I say???

I don't say anything.

I just take it out and show it to them...(it really hurt to get it tattooed there). :D

IMNAAHO (In my not at all humble...), the astrology I see in newspapers and other "pop" publications is garbage.

However, when people tell me (very few have told me) that nearby planets or the moon have no (= zero) effects on our bodies, I consider their views as religiously founded.

One piece of evidence. At a mid-1970s gathering of about thirty people in two adjoining rooms of a private home, the person reviewing Linda Goodman's highly-regarded book Sun Signs read from it that those of a particular sign (Virgo if my memory hasn't failed) tend to sit in the corners of rooms. Of those people, three were of that sign and they were all in corners of the two rooms.

Another: I'm a Sagittarian. Goodman's book said we get excited and knock over the catsup. Tell me I haven't and I will say you have less evidence than any Xian.

Finally, Goodman's book also said Sagittarians tend to marry Gemini but the marriages don't last very long. Ten years before the evening described above, I married a Gemini. Six years later we divorced. Go ahead, tell me that when I've been relaxed, AND SOBER, I haven't picked out the Gemini women in a room. Yeah, tell me!

well at least Tom you were not born under a bad sign.......

I tell them I'm Aquarius. It doesn't bother me that other people believe in this, its a harmless belief really. 

But if people ask me specifics about it, then I will just politely tell them I don't believe in it. 

I just tell them when I was born, listen to the response and decide, based on that, how quickly to end the conversation and whether to ever begin another one with that person.

When were you born? The 32nd of Jovember?

Giving them the birth date alone puts the conversational ball in their court.  That lets me see where they are intending to go with it.

Me? Oh I am a Capricorn. I am glad I am because I have a thing for Messier 30 which is a bright globular cluster in the south of the constellation. You can see it with good binoculars as it is only 29,400 light-years away or 17,608,779,216,000,000 miles as the crow flies. It was formed almost 7 billion years before the Earth was formed and you think it might have an influence on what color shirt I should wear today?

Capricorn, but that was maybe 6000 years ago....;p).

and that was the best horoscope conversation ever done (pic)

During my 'play boy' stage of sexual development, people would sometimes ask about my 'sign'. I did look it up, once, and made that minor datum part of my 'elevator dating speech'. Once someone suggested that i was a 'catalyst' This latter seemed to be linked to meanings of 'trouble maker', 'Puck', 'asker of bad questions', 'TMI', and 'watch out for that guy'.

Sadly, little of the above has changed over the last 25+ years, and I see no reason to change. I figure that 'what is your sign' is like some fufu question(s) concerning bodily functions, favorite sports team, weather, political party, size of primary/secondary sexual equipment, income, toilet paper preference, travel prime-mover, and certain physical variables/constants like sexual performance frequency.    

Since 'your sign' is mostly fufu, it seems mostly unlikely to stimulate a negative responce, unless the other party has read their most recent horoscope that seemed to imply a rather negative permutation.

Happily a few people have not even asked or promoted 'their sign' as a indicator of a positive permutation. Given an n-1 number of permutations over the entire existing human population, it is unclear how may will never ask this question, or even understand its meaning. Sadly the question 'your religion?', can still offer a negative responce, and can yield some of the most discouraging experiences.

I think a better question might be, 'what, in your opinion, constitutes a nice day? The responces would yield a nice partioning in to searchable groups, some of which could be left safely in a very large 'dead file'.     

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service