http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT12X-8ZQT8

I am wondering what you guys think about this. I can imagine what you guys might think, but I am wondering if this is as clear cut as I think it is.

Tags: Baptist, Borough, Church, Crazy, Dangerous, Dogma, Funeral, Homosexuals, People, Religion, More…Religious, Soldiers, West

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is.  I used to live in Topeka, KS - I went to college there at Washburn University.  The Phelps family or Westboro Baptist Church often pickets the campus every week - each week being a different corner of campus.  They came out in full force opening night when the theater department put on the production of The Laramie Project.  Luckily none of them were admitted into the production and a number of students staged a counter protest that prevented them from coming anywhere near the theater.  The Phelp's church truly is filled only family members and any family member who disagrees with them or stands up to them is immediately cast out of the family.

It was said on campus that the reason why Fred Phelps became so enraged by homosexuality is because he supposedly had a son who attended Washburn, and while there, his son revealed that he was gay.  As the story goes, Fred supposedly blamed the school for "turning" his son into a homosexual.  I don't know if this is true though.  However, this link essentially dismisses it: Fred Phelps

I once passed through Topeka - State Capital of Kansas - I expected skyscrapers, and found two-story office buildings. Big letdown.

I also camped at a lake NE of there, great fishing!

Yup,  there aren't many buildings that are tall there.  Not much to do there either. 

Lake Perry is the lake NE of there.  I was there once - not for the fishing unless you count that I was only interesting in the girl that I went to the lake with.  I didn't catch anything though, which in hind sight is most likely a good thing! :)

Yes, it WAS Lake Perry - and I know what you mean about those STD's --

Before that, I owned a club and restaurant NW of Wichita, at Lake Cheney, called the Dry Dock Inn, 11 miles south of Yoder - Amish Country - we bought our milk and eggs there.

I was a transplant to that state back when I was 14.  I am happy I left it and plan never to return.  Sorry to anyone who enjoys it there, but there are very few things if any I find favorable to it.  In fact the only thing good that came out of it was I found my wife there.

Oh, don't misunderstand, I'd never go back either.

I call it "Kansastan" for a reason.

Here here!

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service