Hi All,Im in a bit of a quandary. I respect human rights but am struggling with the non-extradition of Abu Hamza who incited so much hatred  and telling people to kill everyone who wasn't Muslim (like he'd know who was and  wasn't !) Hitchens said "incitement to religious hatred could ONLY mean incitement to hatred by religious people"

Now he has some sort of human right (form the EU court of Human Rights) not to be extradited from the UK because he "may" be tortured.

What do people think about this. I'm in two minds.

Is it a human right to incite hatred and killing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11701269

thank you all for your advice

Bob

Tags: human, islam, rights

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not a human right to incite violence, but it is to have a fair trial. Letting the criminal justice system devolve into barbaric torture chambers & kangaroo courts hurts us all way more than a few rabid jihadists. I care very little for Abu Hamza, but I'm very concerned about the rest of us in the civilized world.

thank you Artor I know this is right in my "head" but my anger is leading me astray. I understand he's a sociopath under the guise of being a Muslim "cleric" but it seems his religiosity is something that the courts seem to defer too. now we have another "sovereign" state court making decisions on behalf of he UK that we should tolerate his hatred and this bugs me as the majority of Muslims in he UK do care about his extreme politics/religion

regards

Bob

Hate may be a human right, but its propagation is a criminal act.

thanks. so why is he not on trial?

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Simon Mathews 3 minutes ago. 1 Reply

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 13 hours ago. 39 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service