This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes - not voting is a vote for Romney.

I see what you mean shabaka, that rant was just me raging out of frustration. I will probably end up voting but not for these two maybe independent. Seems the best choice right now

Carefully consider the importance of the Supreme Court before you make your final decision.  This is an area where WHO you vote for is of paramount importance.

And consider what republicans are doing to Women's rights - that will impact you some day.

@archaeopteryx

RE: "I understand that you can't help being 'clever.'"

Clearly you can. You DO seem to excel at patronization and condescension however.

What I'm beginning to get from these little chats of ours, is "Black, good - White, bad," and however you have to twist a story to give it that concept as a moral, you'll do it.

You got it. ***moderator's edit*** Shabaka's hate and rage run deep.

RE: "**moderator's edit***" - Fortunately, I got the original wording in my email before the Holy Censor could pounce on it.

Still, one has to wonder what Shabaka's life has been like, to generate so much anger. I once told him that his anger fuels him, and I haven't changed that opinion.

BTW - I just came from reading an article on another atheist website - not a post, an actual article by one of the main contributors there - in which he contended that moderating comments on a discussion website, defeats its purpose. I came straight from there to here, only to find this - ironic.

I'm sure that, despite OUR differences, they are invisible to him since we are little more than cardboard stereotypes.

I agree that moderation defeats the purpose of a discussion website, and that even includes moderating hateful, spiteful, even scurrilous comments. I'd like to know where someone's mind is when they post, giving me a chance to respond to them.

I no longer remember what the moderator felt needed to be edited out.

I do, and it was not racist, and I can't see that it required censorship - I don't censor on my site, but that's just me --

RE: "OUR differences"

We have differences? I hadn't noticed --http://api.ning.com/files/uso0NvsEja148qMhgTl5tcWI-occJ79jQ2Z-m*UHkmJUfwm0R4ANrFKHS2jyJmoRHF13Bsf5ewFRdxSMCaNajbLQIZ2nJ5s4/icon_roflmao.gif

Unseen and Archaeopteryx - It does not have to be racist to be moderated. We do not allow personal attacks of any kind. The last part of Unseen's comment was not edited out. A lot of people at the end of this discussion have gotten away from the arguments of the OP and are instead discussing Shabaka. Get back to the topic please. 

Maybe that's because the thread is dead. It is, after all, nearly four months old.

Okay, but please watch for Shabaka's thinly-veiled scurrilousness as well.

lol I told you about the good blacks and the bad whites..you just can't seem to get beyond it being a condemnation..could it be guilt?

I told you I think Obama is bad in so many ways and you say he's "black"

But you say he isn't --

RSS

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service