This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol! Love it.

http://www.karcreat.com/Obama_Door_Kick.gif

@ Patricia - I'm so glad you posted this. It has been a while since I saw it, but yet again I'm laughing out loud. Whew, that's a good one

I dislike Obama's manipulation of the Black community.

I dislike Obama's fear of European cultural power and his negroism.

I dislike his decision to extend the Patriot Act and the internment of Americans without due process.

I dislike his embrace of other ethnicities and his taking Blacks for granted just like other presidents before him.

I dislike his abandonment of the Public Option.

I dislike that he's a xtian.

What is "negroism"?

Negroism is the complete immersion in European cultural values and the abandonment of ones other/if any, ancestral world views/values...

You mean including those tribal beliefs that are unsupported by science? Sacrificing to appease the gods and bring rain, disease caused by bad behavior, stuff like that?

so that's the limit of your knowledge about other cultures?  I do believe that Europeans also sacrificed to the gods, (you know the story of christ don't you which took the place of actual blood sacrifices)..And I don't think there's a damn thing wrong with dancing for rain and please don't forget all the diseases that where created in the "scientific" labs..

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/05/070530-sacrifice-bu...

But since you've shown time and again your euro focus and lack of knowlege regarding other cultures' contributions to civilization, I'd say those like embracing/respect for Nature, communalism, non political democracy..stuff like that...

Hey hey hey...seriously? Don't be so condescending sir, he was just asking a question. If someone doesn't understand something, explain it without being like that...

This is an atheist forum, remember? I'm looking for some hard-headed, fact-based, non-superstitious information from you and not the hate- and spite-filled twiddle-twaddle you typically dish out.

I'm quite aware of "other cultures' contributions to civilization," from including Mayan, Egyptian, and Druidic understandings of astronomy, Greek and Egyptian architecture, art and literature of many cultures. Of course, I don't claim to know everything about everything and of course I know more about what's around me now than about what's far away and long ago.

Anyway, quite clearly you're not going to turn the U.S. into a place that feels like "home" to you, so what are you going to do about it?

Is negroism even a real word? Never heard of that one

If you understand the meaning it is...btw who determines what is a "real" word?

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service