This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Mabel

Yeah, I think most people don't vote because they are apathetic. I am guilty of that sometimes. I think apathy is more likely the cause than people thinking their vote won't make a difference, although I can't prove this. I suppose there are studies but I am not familiar with them.

For example, I always tell myself "if everyone would vote, things would be better, therefore I should vote". I think it is more likely that the majority of people think the same way I do about this, versus thinking their vote simply won't matter.

Maybe voters do "pairing" the way legislators do. Like, "I assume you're voting for the ABC bill; I'm voting against it. If we both refrain from voting, we cancel each other out, giving ourselves time to do other things."

There's that too but unless everybody who is going to vote, plays that game, it is an illogical assumption that the goal will be met, not that it stops anyone lol.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

I wouldn't that the USA had a good reputation to begin with. A country's reputation around the world seem to be mostly a media construct of both the subject and the audience's bias. Obama has done a brilliant job of looking less crazy than previous presidents, but has also brought out the uber-crazy opposition. He may have improved the reputation of the US a little, but I wouldn't say 'restored'.

Point well taken Andrew!  Uber-crazy opposition is a result of nothing more than racism in my opinion.

Yes - having a "black" man in the white house is killing them - they simply can't stand it - they're beside themselves with rage, hatred and venom.  It pops out all over the place - they can't even hide it.

seriously, what makes Obama a "black" man? 

For a racist - it need only be skin color to incite their feelings of superiority.

That has a racist tinge to it.

I am sorry Obama's not black enough for you - but baby steps help.  He's cracked the ice.  And he is a good, empathetic and decent human being with honest intentions and unparalleled opposition.

Patricia, you need to understand that Shabaka has definitions careening around in his head that he has chosen not to share with us, which makes it easy for him to win (at least in his mind) any argument or debate, because as we respond to one definition, he switches to another.

Try to get him to specifically tell you what the word, "black" means to him. And "Negro." And "African American,"

Maybe he can tell us exactly why Obama isn't a "black" man - is it becaue he doesn't embrace "black" values? If so, precisely what are those "black values" that he neglects to embrace?

What does he feel Obama needs to do to qualify as a Black man in the White House?

Insist he spell it out, so we'll know EXACTLY what he means, rather than tossing around obscure, indefinite innuendos.

Let's remember that "the rest of the world" typically operates with a press that is not nearly as free as the American press and gets much of its "news" either from government agencies or from press sources dependent upon government sources or living in fear of governmental reprisals.

Andrew, I am not making fun of you or your post, I promise - I simply wouldn't do that to anyone but Unseen, but it's early here, I'd just started my intravenous caffeine drip, when I read your post and cracked up!

It suddenly hit me between the eyes, what a GREAT campaign slogan that would make:

"Vote for Barak Obama - He's Less Crazy than Previous Presidents!"

I'm seeing yard signs, bumper stickers, campaign buttons, baby tatoos - the list is endless, I need to get to work, I think we've got a winner here!

RSS

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service