This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and when it comes to 'race" relations, it's called white supremacy..

I don't feel superior to any other race, but I DO feel superior to people who are obsessed with nonsense no matter their race.

Nonsense is highly underrated --

Like religion ....

Actually, Jefferson once said he thought we needed a revolution every 20 years.

Well, Jefferson also said "Bend over little slave girl so I can f*** you or I'll send you out to pick cotton. like the other _____s."

Agree!

We're ready if it comes down to it.  I've been warning my husband for over a year now that at some point we're going to need to get in the car and head to DC.

He sigbed the national defense authorization act on new years while everyone was distracted after saying he would veto it. 'nuff said.

Some of the things Obama's done have fallen into the pattern where - he signs them and then the courts say - no deal.  That's happening with the NDAA right now. 

I think this is deliberate on his part.  And I find I have less and less of a problem with his way of doing things.  Yes many of the things he's signed or supported have concerned me - but then the courts step in.  I think he is completely confident that they will.  He signs it and that way the hardliners on the right and the moderates are mollified - and then the courts step in and start to unravel it and the left is mollified - even if they're still pissed that he signed it at all.

I think he's trying to survive politically.  He knows as much as progressives do that he is the only thing standing between us and a radically right-wing Supreme Court.

He'll need a democratic senate to do it - but there's a strong possibility he'll keep that.  If he is reelected - right off they need to deep-six the filibuster - then this country can function again.

RE: "He'll need a democratic senate"

I'd like to see a Democratic House as well, but he had that for two years, and didn't take advantage of it. But right now, adding to the Supreme Court, is, in my opinion, the primary goal.

Yes - you're right ... of course it would be awesome if he can get that.  But republicans only need a race to be close to steal it - which they routinely do.  So I'm not as optimistic on that point.  One of the unknowns - how much the women's vote will impact the election - will it be enough? 

That's another thing - a right-wing candidate will NOT be friendly to women's issues - in any way shape or form. 

Yes - the Supreme Court is at the very top of the pile of critical concerns. 

That would screw us in significant ways for decades.  All the people who are whining that Obama's not perfect enough for them (I agree he has problems) - need to factor the Supreme Court into their equations.

RSS

Forum

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Simon Mathews 32 minutes ago. 113 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 1 hour ago. 6 Replies

Great retorts

Started by Unseen in Quotes. Last reply by Wesley 7 hours ago. 13 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Physeter 11 hours ago. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service