This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're wrong - plenty of people hate him for that reason alone.  I see it all the time.

Seriously - if the court goes even further right then I don't know what our options will ever be - narrowed down to outright revolution I think. 

The damage they could do is stunning - why aren't more people looking at that?  How is it they don't see that their rights are completely on the line?  The long view is critical here.

Please think this one through people - the ramifications of a solidly and radically right-wing court will impact us all.

maybe thats what we need to wake people up. our founding fathers knew every once in a while, we need a revolution.

Looking at the last few revolutions around the world, it's not something most people would want. How about a constitutional convention instead?

of course no one wants a revolution but sometimes theyre necessary.

Agreed.  It wouldn't bother me if that happened.  It would only bother me if it were necessary - which I feel might become the case.

That would work depending on WHO was doing the voting and if the people had a real voice ... other wise it will only be corporate America rewriting the rules to suit themselves.

When the people in general feel they have no voice, then you have a legitimate revolution. When a political minority decides the people have no voice, it's a coup or putsch.

Most people dont even bother vote because they know their voices arent being heard. We are being taxed without representation, because these assholes aren’t representing us. This is the time for a revolution.

And you know that through your prodigious psychic ability, or because you read it in a Libertarian Party handout?

Yeah, I think most people don't vote because they are apathetic. I am guilty of that sometimes. I think apathy is more likely the cause than people thinking their vote won't make a difference, although I can't prove this. I suppose there are studies but I am not familiar with them. 

For example, I always tell myself "if everyone would vote, things would be better, therefore I should vote". I think it is more likely that the majority of people think the same way I do about this, versus thinking their vote simply won't matter.

I just want you to know that just because i'm libertarian, doesnt mean i agree with everything the party thinks. I’m an individual person with my own thoughts and ideas. You keep making weird little libertarian jabs like you think I’m brain dead. Do you believe in everything your party believes?

i personally still have faith in the people of america and feel if they educate themselves and stop being so apathetic about their surrounding that we could make something great of this country again. maybe i'm being naive, i am still young (24) but thats what i believe.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service