This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Euclid Ohio.

In 2010 Euclid had a population of 48,920. The racial and ethnic composition of the population was 43.1% non-Hispanic white, 52.6% black or African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.7% Asian, 0.1% non-Hispanics reporting some other race, 2.3% reporting two or more races and 1.6% Hispanic or Latino.[8]

I made a mistake with the last comment regarding population..however you did mention Cleveland being 80 or 90 percent black..But again this shows me that the negros have moved on up to the "east" side...again, I don't think you have a problem tolerating negros..most "liberal" whites don't a long as there aren't too many in their immediate space

I wasn't referring to the Census, I was referring to my observation of my surroundings. It is true in my area, the northern part of Euclid. Census figures are based on those who fill out the forms, and while the government has to have some basis for its decisions, But the Census is notoriously inaccurate, especially when it comes to minorities. But you wouldn't know that, or wouldn't want to know that.

I'm not sure what your non-"negro" person would be like, but for sure I don't mind living with nice, friendly people. I plead guilty.

a non negro, a person like me..one who questions European cultural thought and behavior..but that doesn't mean I ain't "friendly"

A person who is hyper-conscious to the point of imagining racism in innocent comments and presuming that people are racist without even knowing it is not a person who is sending out pleasant vibes. I cite YOU as an example.

@Shabaka - please share your precise definition of "European cultural thought and behavior."

You seem to be a very angry person - I'm sorry if that's the case. That would be a reflection of personal experience and I'm sorry yours has made you so cynical.

Wow, sounds like you're describing the spread of Islam during its heyday! Muslims conquered the Middle East, North Africa, and half of Spain - in what part of Europe did that originate?
It also sounds like, reducing "world" to "territory," you're describing tribal behavior since the first bi-pedal ape picked up the first stick and headed toward another ape antagonistically. How can you confine that kind of behavior to Europe - without getting racial, that is?
RE: "A better question would be what are European cultural values."
I'd love to hear your views on that --Arch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arch Islam and xtianity share the same cultural essence..Islam was brought into being as a religion of brown people who couldn't share in the European's religion, they both came from the same idea which is based in imperialism or a kinder word, prosthelyzing. So by the arabs taking the essence of European cultural thought, they also exercise their behavior.  It's like certain countries participation in the U..N.

------------------------------------------

"Tribal" behavior is not based in world domination for power and control of resources..

Shabaka, you and I have certainly had our differences - I don't know you, of course, but by your posts, I can gain at least some small insight, and I sense that you are both intelligent and wise, two qualities that don't always show up in combination. I also sense, and I've said this to you privately, that you must be very weary from carrying that enormous chip on your shoulder 24/7.

You accused Unseen of being a "50's liberal in 2000" - I'm not defending Unseen, a) he's a big boy and can take care of himself, and if he can't, that's his problem, and, b) I have my own problems with him - he's too much like me for me to get along with him on a consistent basis. But YOU, I sense, are a 60's black man/negro/African American (I use all 3 to cover my bases, because I've discovered a game you like to play that I call, "move the goal post"), trying to channel Eldridge Cleaver in the 21st century.

You make statements using phrases like, "European cultural values," and we, in our myopia, fall into your trap - that trap being that we have no idea what YOU mean by "European cultural values," and so we bring our own definitions to the table, to which you remark dryly, that our comment came from just such "European cultural values." It's like asking someone to pick a number from one to ten, knowing full well that you have no particular number in mind, so that whatever number he guesses, he's automatically wrong, because the actual number, is any number other than that which he guesses. This is what I call "moving the goal posts," and is exactly why I asked you to specifically define what YOU (not me, not Unseen) mean by "European cultural values" because without YOUR definition, I can think of no reason to continue arguing, debating, discussing, or other verb you choose to use, with you.

But RE: "Islam was brought into being as a religion of brown people who couldn't share in the European's religion" - get real, or at the very least, don't believe that I'm so much less intelligent than you, that you think you can sell that to me. When Islam was brought into being, and when it began its campaign to take over the world as far as it could reach, most Europeans were still running around, painting themselves blue - there WAS no "European cultural thought"!

If you want to call Rome European, I will give you that, but it ends there - the five Germanic tribes, that eventually would make up most of what now is Europe, were still running around, rattling their spears, much as their fellow Humans were still doing in Africa. At that point in time, "European cultural thought" largely consisted of, "Kill something, eat it - kill something, eat it!"

I also asked to have "European cultural values" defined ... I've decided it's a straw man.

Patricia - pick a number between one and ten - whatever you say, you're wrong!

here u are wrong..i've been very consistant.

Agreed - consistently nebulous and evasive--

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service