This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let me add 3) A President can promise the sky, but he's the President not the king.

Even if he intended everything he said, once he gets into office several things happen. First, he can't do much without the cooperation of others; also, he is confronted with information he had little or no access to while running for office.

Give the guy a break.

I think he's letting a perfectly good crisis go to waste, completely lacking in vision and courage. Had it not been for the continual muddling through this extended recession, it would be the perfect time to implement a VAT, partial nationalization of the health care system, increase minimum wages, decriminalize drugs, substantial infrastructure investments, nuclear disarmament, etc.

I agree with you completely.

All of which would have assured a Republican President in the next election and the undoing of most of those things.

Perhaps, however the question is what is dislike about "him" (as in the policies of the Obama Admin), and it generally boils down to being focused on reelection and not the greater good of your country. Gentle nudges instead of full blown pushes. I also think much of it would be difficult to disentangle for a successor, especially if liberally laced with poison pills.

It should be noted that there are many more things I like than dislike about him when I take into consideration the cards dealt and the intransigence of the opposition.

It was being discussed on CNN this a.m that a lot of Republicans are feeling out of touch with their own Tea Party-ized party. This discussion is just starting to come out into the open now with a public statement by Jeb Bush that not even Ronald Reagan would fit into today's GOP.

Bubba Jed is angling for a VP spot on the ticket, so that, in the event Romney gets his 8 years, Bubba will have a shot at proving he's a bush too, or three --

Given the Tea Party power over the GOP at present, that would seem to be a rather forlorn strategy. Rick Santorum stands a better chance right now.

And Jeb has the unique advantage of not being half as crazy as just about every other republican out there - he could be an asset to the ticket to suck some moderates in.

But he's a "Bush,"  and W has made that a bad thing to be.

I sincerely hope so.  But Jeb looks good compared to most of them these days.  They always pick nitwits for their "super stars" ... Bobby Jindal for instance, and Paul Ryan.  Morons both of them - Jeb looks normal in comparison.

We should be grateful I guess that gop leadership doesn't have a clue themselves.

Sorry Pat - you and I agree on so many things, but a Bush, normal - in what world is that found?

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 25 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service