This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That doesn't sound like making fun of me, it sounds like you're agreeing.

Or, maybe I should dial back on the caffeine --

Or simply - He's not bat-shit crazy like Republicans.

how do blacks not have equal rights? everyones talking about the black community as if we're still in the 50s and 60s. things have changed. they do have equal rights.

If you think that, then you're simply not paying attention.

we have equal rights by law but not by practice..there are still gatekeepers who adhere to the old ways..see you can change laws but you can't change people..it would help  you to not be white to get the full impact of what I'm saying..

This is a systemic historical problem..some one just wrote how they hate Obama because he's black, and you didn't say a thing..can you imagine if you are not the POTUS with no power and dark skin?

Shabaka - RE: "some one just wrote how they hate Obama because he's black"

On THIS board? Where?

no poor communication...they where saying that the republicans hate him because he's black..and I meant they didn't dispute that claim..

Quote please.

why do you assume i'm white. I'm not by the way. and anyone saying theyre voting for obama because hes black is just as racist as someone who wont vote for him because he is. I dont approve of any racism. and you cant change what everyone thinks, the laws cant change how people feel. but the laws do protect people like us.

lol why do you assume that "whiteness" or "blackness" or "hispanicness" has to do with phenotype? Who would admit that they "approved" of racism?  That's not the problem, the problem is that for some, racism is not viewed as racism because they don't have the lived experience. 

You don't know what it's like to be us, either, according to the same logic. And I agree with that totally as a permanent and irresolvable condition. So, what then?

RSS

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service