This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't flubin know what you're talking shirk.

Or course it's a real word. if you can put it in a sentence it's a word. It doesn't have to mean anything or be understood by the person you're talking to, which is rather a waste of alphabet, but sure it's a word.

Negroism in advocating equal rights for blacks, how can you be against equal rights? It has nothing to do with embracing European culture. And any America doesn't have ancestral world views, bar the native Americans, everything else is a bit recent! Today's America was founded by European settlers, what do you think there going to be based on?

And dislike his embrace of other ethnicities? Why in the world would you have a problem with him embracing other ethinicities? 

I dislike his embrace of other ethnicities and his taking Blacks for granted just like other presidents before him.

An American President is the President of all the people. Do you expect him to be an African Tribal Chief in a country mostly populated by people whose ethnicity goes back mostly to Europe and Mexico? What would be "fair" about that?

What do you mean by "fear of European cultural power"? And how does that relate to his race?

@Unseen - I'm trying to stay out of arguments with Shabaka (I'm saving myself for you!), but my biggest question, and I see you've hit on it too, more or less, is that his definition of "European cultural power" is sorely needed before it can be discussed in any greater depth.

"First, define your terms, then proceed," as my old debate coach used to say on his more sober days --

European cultural power..the ability to force your cultural values on and have the world accept them as their own..this is done thru establishment of military power, economic power, academic power and religious belief.

A better question would be what are European cultural values..

@ Shabaka - Wow, sounds like you're describing the spread of Islam during its heyday! Muslims conquered the Middle East, North Africa, and half of Spain - in what part of Europe did that originate?

It also sounds like, reducing "world" to "territory," you're describing tribal behavior since the first bi-pedal ape picked up the first stick and headed toward another ape antagonistically. How can you confine that kind of behavior to Europe - without getting racial, that is?

RE: "A better question would be what are European cultural values."

I'd love to hear your views on that --

European cultural power..the ability to force your cultural values on and have the world accept them as their own..this is done thru establishment of military power, economic power, academic power and religious belief.

Assuming we could "force" our cultural values on others, there's no way we could "have the world accept them as their own" unless they saw the worth of those values. The fact that there is a Shabaka Tecumseh would seem to indicate that it's a matter of personal choice, with most freely choosing to make a choice opposite to yours.

A better question would be what are European cultural values.

Believing in the power of truth and logic? Believing in the power of the god known variously as Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, as well as a few others. The fact that a substantial part of those inheriting European culture are atheists or practice competing religions would tend to show that while belief in those religions is strong, it isn't monolithic.

I won't even entertain the rest after I read.."assuming"...what is the world's reserve currency?  what is the busines language and dress of the world? where are all the major banking institutions located..and who has the most sophisticated military on the planet at present?  See what I mean by being a closet white cultural supremacist...and it ain't all bad because I wouldn't expect you to be anything else..

the world doesn't want their people blown all to hell or starve because they don't have the power to change things..come off it unseen

those things you mentioned are a manifestation of European cultural thought and behavior.  they are all developed from a cultural mind that separates man from Nature...and seeks power and control over Nature and all aspects of the same..

@Shabaka - RE: "European cultural thought and behavior... seeks power and control over Nature and all aspects of the same."

Still trying to lay all of the blame for your own personal issues on "European cultural thought and behavior"? Power and control over nature began when the first Human first chased a bear out of a cave so he could have it for himself - was he European? Who the hell knows or cares?

Question, Shabaka - assuming you respond to my previous posts, and don't try to skirt the issues as you have in the past - tell me, who do you most blame, the drug dealers, or the drug users?

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service