This is not only for those in our community who consider themselves Republican but for those who are Democrat, Libertarian and everything in between; What do you dislike about Obama.

Here's what I see:

- Came into a shit-storm of a situation, economy wrecked and in two wars.

- He made decisions that can be criticized and should be however, the economy is on the mend.

- He has ended one war and is ending another one.

- He has restored the reputation of this country in the eyes of much of the rest of the world.

- He killed Osama.

- He created health care reform that will benefit millions (not perfect by any means, but a step in the right direction for sure)

- He ended DADT

He has disappointed us in many ways as well but all in all I think he has done well considering not only the circumstances he came into, but also the hostile and overtly racist government he has to deal with.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you dislike about Obama?

Views: 2151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds a little like the story line behind the original Battlestar Galatica doesn't it..? "There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians or the Toltecs or the Mayans."... and they're looking for the missing 13th Tribe they believe is on Earth. 

This is addressed primarily to the young people of the group.

If you feel politicians lie to you, you're right, they do. What you may not understand is why. You may also not realize who is to blame. And it's NOT the politician.

Any smart politician knows that if he wants to be elected, he has to tell the electorate what they want to hear. Honesty may be the best policy when it comes to politics.

The public is the real problem. They are ignorant and tend to have unrealistic expectations.

For a significantly different insight into politics than the ones to which we're accustomed, Shakespeare's "Coriolanus" is a good read.

Obviously people can and should vote for the candidate of their choice.  But I've seen enough elections that have third party candidates to know how THAT works ... might as well not vote.  Unless it's all about the very supposedly noble cause of a protest vote. It still comes out the same - might as well stay home ... the numbers won't be impressive.

And for those who lay the deficit at Obama's feet - that's very convenient to overlook Bush and his tax cuts for the Rich (which the republicans won't let expire), his two wars, and for also pushing through and signing the Bank Bailout bill:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/03/news/economy/house_friday_bailout/i...

And you want to blame Obama for it?  That might work for fox viewers - but not for the informed.

I have a great many complaints about Obama - he was a severe disappointment and for months I didn't think I could vote for him again.  BUT ....

Not only would Mitt Romney be Bush on steroids - with as much actual control as Bush had, if Grover Norquist's bragging on the topic is to be believed ... just another rubber stamp republican president ... 

... But Obama is already considered one of the most accomplished of presidents ever, by presidential historians, for the remarkable list of accomplishments he has achieved - even if he pissed us all off in the process.  And he's a decent, humane, empathetic human being ... something that cannot and will not - ever - be said of Mitt Romney the psychopath.  The thought of a Mitt Romney presidency terrifies me.  And his never ending lies?  A complete lack of personal integrity.

Links to a LONG list of Obama Accomplishments:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/29/a-long-list-of-president-ob...

And when it comes to being Commander-in-Chief, I like how this guy views Obama:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151281004554657&set=p...

My personal reason why I feel I can't risk a republican presidency is the Supreme Court.  There will be 2-3 appointments in the next presidential term.  Corporations already own the court - that is a fairly desperate concern.

And this is an interesting read:  Why I think Mitt Romney wants to be president (by an ex-mormon)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002436216

Anyway - as long as everyone's going to vote - that's good. 

And NOTHING is ever REALLY going to change until we overturn Citizen's United and then get the money out of DC.  Nothing else is as important.

Since "W" already packed 3 of his theist cronies onto the Supreme Court, 3 more, who could never be removed during their lifetime, could set this country back fifty years. Republicans MUST not be allowed to pack the Court still further.

If I had an option, I would not vote for Obama again, but the republicans are much worse!

I have an idea, lets elect someone whoses actually worked before. whoses has a real job and who hasnt had mommy and daddy cleaning up their mess every step of the way. none of these assholes have worked a real hard day in their life and then seen half their paycheck go to stupid fucks like them. Why are we letting these guys rule us?

um obama grew up with a single mom. so..

who worked for the cia. she wasnt a lower class single mom that like term single mother brings to mind. these people are not like you and me.

Sounds like you're talking about Mitt and Bush ... can't think of any messes Obama's had to have cleaned up.  Also - he worked pretty hard in college and right after. 

you only get into harvard if you know someone. plain and simple truth. it has nothing to do with how smart you are. and i'm not saying he isnt smart. he is incredibly so, but to think that him, romney and bush dont play golf or whatever together is just naive.

Then call me naive.  I expect the relationships will change when he's out of office - but not before.

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 33 minutes ago. 18 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Ed 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 3 hours ago. 60 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service