This is what I need to know.  I don't want to comment, only listen. 

Views: 2324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you'll notice, THIS is a thread not related to the one where I responded to you about your sweeping statements. That's elsewhere. Can you "take on" two simultaneous discussions, or do I need to compartmentalize for you?

So... I appreciated the link and C&P job you did "over there". This is a separate discussion. I've responded to the OP here.

I mean, one minute we're too vague... and now I'm being too specific. Or too long-winded. What is YOUR purpose for being in on this discussion?

I just respond with what I think and what I know and sometimes what I conjecture. I don't ask myself what my "purpose" is in every discussion as if I have an agenda or objective.

And? I guess my discussion style should exactly mirror yours.

So... engage and stop dancing around the topic. I responded to the OP appropriately. Tell me what you're "taking on". The fact I said too much, or that I said something not based in fact.

"Sex" is kind of the default setting. Overcoming that is often perceived as maturing (and, hey, why not?) But it's difficult. I think our evolutionary forefathers still live within us, and act out through us. And it takes a good deal of commitment and discipline and will to cage them. I don't think most ever do, or do too late, assuming we're all even capable of it. It seems to me that telling a man to make sex a secondary factor in a relationship is like saying "Hey. Evolve."

""the message" was so deeply ingrained that I thought if I didn't get those things, it meant he didn't love me. "If he doesn't ___, he's just not that into you." And, in my head I reminded myself I didn't want ___ anyway! But, the ingrained message haunted me. It told me it didn't matter; the fact my boyfriend didn't do ___, and didn't want to do ___ meant he didn't love me... " 

I believe that women naturally enjoy certain romantic necessities, such as, I don't know, a thoughtful Valentine's card, like a birthday card for your love; picking up on something she's mentioned in passing, and making sure she gets it; listening to what she wants to tell you, without trying to fix it, or minimally; those kind of things.  Why shouldn't she?  If women are built that way, then men need to think about that and try and fulfill those things which cost nothing but can gladden a woman's heart. 

I want life time supply of batteries for my vibrator. Oh hell with that I'll just get a generator.

There is the plug-in kind, of course. Often they are passed off as "massagers" rather than vibrators. However, I can imagine the distress when the juice runs out (the juice in the batteries, you dirty-minded pervs!) just as you're almost "there."

Been there. Cried.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 23 minutes ago. 21 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.