This is what I need to know.  I don't want to comment, only listen. 

Views: 2324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*applause*

I've been laughed at and ridiculed by some people (men and women) when I brought a girl home that was both drunk and willing and I put her in my bed while I slept on the couch.

Yes, I know that she was willing before she was drunk as well, and I'm sure that she would never have felt as if I was taking advantage of her. I somehow cannot overcome my carebear instinct when I'm around drunk people, and sex is probably one of the last things on my mind at times like that.

"Make money money money make more make money money money make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsKHcFkKsQ

I think I found you a good reference, Simon

What do you mean by want? What do women want in life? In their partner? In their career? In their ideal maxi pad? What?

How do women want men to behave? 

Given the tendency of many women to choose bad boys, obviously some women prefer men who aren't very well behaved at all.

"Show me a physically and mentally abusive sociopath and pathological liar and I'll show you a guy who has a date on Saturday night."

"How do women want men to behave?" - sorry Kairan, that is somewhat lame of me. 

What do women want men to know about women? 

@Natalie - Generalizing a group of people based on gender can never work, because there's always someone breaking the generalization.

Absolutley - this is a given.

@Bella Rose - A real man doesn't need to use pick up lines. A real man doesn't need to "try to pick up women," just by being himself the results happen automatically. Once again, just ask the women how to treat women, but there are some men who can't or won't listen. Their loss.

@ Nicole - It perplexes me when a man rushes to a door etc.

Exactly. I will open the door for anyone, young old orin between, it is called manners. Men and women are really different, therefore, when in a partnership talk about it. Talk about the differences and what makes the other tick. Don't let problems fester.

Reminded me he was raised in the South where men open doors and pay for everything -

Once again, the women are nailing it. My partner was opening doors etc. I am sure it was a relief to him that he does not have to do any of these things. I also get the jitters with a woman who feigns 'I can't do that", because they might get dirty. A 'real man' doesn't have the ego that he must do 'everything', and is not threatened when a woman wants to actually be self sufficient

With blokes like Unseen Dustin etc. it is no wonder more and more women are not getting married, choosing to be on their own and self sufficient.

@Unseen - They think things will become right if they change both men and institutions.
You really are a hoot - how wrong can you be. Women ( keeping in mind, no blanket statement cove ALL women) do not want to change a man. He has to be who he is, total honesty, 'cause nobody can change long term. Same goes with women.

A lot of women who want equality hang on to the traditional - No they don't. The traditional is barefoot and in the kitchen, looking after her big strong man, even if he is a bore.

Thomas Pickett - smart guy, this one.

What is a turn off is the man who takes himself so seriously, and then has no sense of humour to boot.

@Unseen - and I thought you didn't have a sense of humour - Naomi
Watts and Diane Lane - Hahahahah

Being photographer of naked and nubile young women does not make you attractive - or is that your attempt at a sense of humour again.

I finally had to confess that I didn't like it - this problem would cover 80% of couples.

@Dustin - It's so unexpecting that some women would take it as a sign of manliness. - you have got to be joking - this is a sign of inadequacy, of a man who just has no idea, sad really.

But you are not saying what a 'real man' is - A real man is one who is confident of who he is, without having to prove his 'manliness' by controlling or being passive/aggressive, or downright crude.

A real man is someone who wants his partner by his side, that is what a partnership is. You have a lot to learn, and the really sad part is, your attitude is so entrenched, I don't hink you ever will :(

They think things will become right if they change both men and institutions.
You really are a hoot - how wrong can you be. Women ( keeping in mind, no blanket statement cove ALL women) do not want to change a man. He has to be who he is, total honesty, 'cause nobody can change long term. Same goes with women.

I'm obviously talking about the women's movement, not relations individual women and individual men. The movement obviously wants men to change, and institutions, too. You can't deny that. It'll be more effective to become more competitive and aggressive if you want to succeed. Business owners aren't stupid: they will reward the woman if she does a better job. If they don't, it can only hurt them.

@Suzanne - "A real man is one who is confident of who he is, without having to prove his 'manliness' by controlling or being passive/aggressive, or downright crude. A real man is someone who wants his partner by his side, that is what a partnership is." - I love it. 

Who's Thomas Pickett? 

Oh, that Thomas Pickett.  I thought you were talking about the other one. 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 15 minutes ago. 94 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service