What do you think Tesla actually created?

Conspiracy theorists latch onto Tesla like cooked spaghetti on the roof. These stories seem to self propel themselves into stratospheric exaggerations. But what is actually proven that he did and what is hearsay. What should we believe and why?

I'm likening this thread to the Ancient Aliens cause there seems to be a lot of "nonscientific evidence". Is there even such a thing?

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He basically created the modern electric motor. 

I should know that :)

How about Free Energy? Limitless energy.. etc... Is there any evidence of this stuff or is it all conspiracy? I'm partially skeptical of this stuff cause it seems like the conspiracy theorists are the ones touting it all the time.

So, yes.. as stated in a previous comment, there are some works Tesla is known to have contributed to.

These include:
* AC Motors / Generators and the means of distributing and stepping up / down power for low loss transmission.
* Radio Communication and Radio Remote Control (Yes, Marconi infringed on about 17 of Tesla's patents with his trans-atlantic communications)
* Florescent Lights
* X-rays
* Resonant Frequency

There also claims of a Death Ray, but I suspect the only people who know about that one for sure are in the Government and they're not talking (they still reportedly have some classified materials on Tesla).

Regarding Free / Limitless Energy:
Yes, Tesla had experimented with the wireless transmission of energy.  He was building the first of his wireless power distribution towers ( The Wardenclyffe ) but his primary contributor (J.P. Morgan) withdrew funding for two reasons:
1) Marconi beat them to the first trans-atlantic wireless communication -- This was the key selling point Tesla used to secure said funding to begin with.  J.P. Morgan wanted to charge for this trans-atlantic wireless communication.
2) Tesla then tried to push his true agenda: he wanted to use it to ALSO deliver FREE power to everyone.  Since J.P. Morgan was in this for wealth, the sudden talk of FREE power was the exact wrong thing to help Tesla's cause.

Tesla after all was not an Entrepreneur at heart.  He sincerely wanted to better society with his discoveries and inventions.  Tesla signed over all of his AC patents to Westinghouse when he found out that the royalty payments he was owed would bankrupt Westinghouse.  Instead, all he asked for was continued funding of his experiments.  Due to this and many other philanthropic actions, along with a *hint* of senility in his old age, Tesla to die penniless with only the company of Pigeons (which he nursed back to health) in Room 3327 of the Hotel New Yorker.

As for any type of perpetual energy machine (which is where I think your scepticism lies), I don't know that there were ever any substantiated claims that he'd invented such a device.  But, if anyone could have, it would certainly have been him.  I personally believed he was just interested in releasing energy for free to the world, not making a perpetual energy machine.

NOTE: This is all from memory, so if I've missed a fact or misstated something, please correct me.

Hope this helps...
Michael J. Kidd

He was also in competition with Edison who was promoting DC electricity at the time. Even though Tesla's AC was much more efficient Edison managed to discredit Tesla and steal the market for himself. (Ed used AC to kill an elephant to 'prove' that AC was dangerous: vid here, kind of graphic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBU3aYsf0Q)

Interesting stuff guys.. thanks.. Wireless energy though.. did he ever invent it or that was just in the plan?

Here's what I don't 'get' about the wireless electricity concept...How would it be controlled and directed and wouldn't it just disperse? 

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service