Random question of the day :]

Enjoy!

Okay, mine is lame! When I was a kid I thought sky scrapers were the con trails of passing jets.

Share yours!

Tags: misconceptions

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bahahahaha! Awesome!
When I was younger my sister and I were going to L.A. to visit my oldest sister. Someone told me that the flight attendantwould give me wings and I believed that I would get my own strap on wings to fly around with. I can still remember parts of the dreams that gave me. Flying around my parents house and property with my wings.
We can try that! Get a small rocket and strap it to you. Take you up on a crane in a squirrel suit. The next time we have a 600 footer, it's on!
Hmm...

I used to believe in ghosts. I had the Little Giant Book of Ghost Stories, or something like that, and I particularly remember the Mothman story for whatever reason. I loved reading that book right before going to bed.

I used to think Sylvia Browne's shtick was real; I think it was mostly because of the ghosts.

In 7th grade (that's 12 or 13 years old), I did a research report on palmistry and I basically bought into it. Mostly, though, I got some exposure to internet censorship, as almost every website I tried to get access to was blocked for being occult.

So, those are my crimes against skepticism, but I grew and now I know that none of that is real. Except for schools blocking websites; I run into that several times a day.
As they say in programming: garbage in garbage out. Most of the misconceptions I had; were the result of being given inaccurate information. Almost all of my early sources of information were insane, my father, the nuns, etc. so I began life with a boatload of crap that I had to eliminate before I could get to the point that I could actually rationally analyze the information that remained.
lol
Lol! This one wins, I think. :D
*gasp* Care Bears are NOT a menace! NoHeart must've sent you to turn the world against love and caring!!!
Haha... I didn't even know you could mix He-Man and Battle Cat with Care Bears. I just liked the show... I didn't have the toys; I would've definitely chosen a He-Man action figure over a Care Bear :)
When I was a kid, I used to believe that I only needed to breathe when I felt like it. I certainly remember breathing except when I was paying attention to it. I would upset me no end when I couldn't just stop breathing whenever I wanted.

RSS

Forum

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Davis Goodman 53 minutes ago. 63 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Physeter 1 hour ago. 11 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 7 Replies

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 4 hours ago. 25 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service