Here are a couple of mine;
Christopher Hitchens. ~ What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark Twain ~ It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand
Gene Roddenberry ~ We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes

"Thank God I'm an Atheist." -lol

If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people. - from TV show House

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for a reward then we are a sorry lot indeed - Albert Einstein

All thinking men are atheists -Earnest Hemingway

Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis -Sigmund Freud

"Why would anyone want to follow Jesus? He couldn't even remember his 'SAFE WORD!" - lol

...and he needs money.

Priceless.

Philosophy involves questions that may never be answered, while religion involves answers that may never be questioned. - Anonymous

With or without religion you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. -Steven Weinberg

Xenophanes - But if cattle and horses and lions had hands
or could paint with their hands and create works such as men do,
horses like horses and cattle like cattle
also would depict the gods' shapes and make their bodies
of such a sort as the form they themselves have.

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Life is about breathing in then breathing out, the rest is psychological bullshit. ~ Malcolm Foster.

"I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." --Rufus, Dogma (1999) Granted it was about on how to approach faith, but it does have a freethinking tinge to it.

"I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll fuckin' spank you." --Loki, Dogma(1999)

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -- Aldous Huxley

"He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave." -- William Drummond

"An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks turned to snakes or the parting of the waters." -- Harry Drummond, Inherit the Wind(1960)

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!" -- Colonel Sanders

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 18 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service