xtain :
"Well what if you're wrong?'

Rebuttals?

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What if YOU'RE wrong? lol
Pssh! I'm never wrong! ;-)
I'm always wrong. I get by on other people's ideas.
Personally, if I'm wrong, which I am most probably not, I'd rather burn in hell than sit in heaven with the people I used to sit in church with.
If the god described in the bible exists, I would consider it a moral imperative to oppose him.
"Well what if you're wrong?'

Rebuttal: I'm not.
Awesome. FTW
Then I'm wrong. At least I lived doing and thinking things my way. I wouldn't have it any other way. Ha!
*plays Sinatra singing "My Way"*
I tend to keep it simple when asked that by just asking in return "what if (insert religion besides the one they follow) is right?" It tends to end up in a quick illogical loop of backtracking, but it makes it easy to show how stupid the question was.
Hmm I wouldn't mind if I were wrong at all. It's interesting because it isn't that atheists WANT god to not exist - they just do not believe that he does. It isn't really our fault as much as it's "god's."

And I think spending eternity with Satan may possibly be better than with Yahweh.
Well, xtian, what if you are wrong?

What if Islam were the one true religion? What if Judaisim were the one true religion and Jesus was delusional or a scam artist or just mistaken? What if Hinduism is the one true religion? What if the Greek or Roman or Norse or Chinese or Japanese or Aztec or Egyptian or North American Native gods were the only true gods? (etc., etc. -- insert your favorite ancient pantheon) What if the Mormons are right? What if the Scientologists are right? What if the Summum religion invented by Clyde "Corky" Nowell in 1975 is the one true religion? Why don't you believe in the Heaven's Gate cult, Charles Manson's cult, Jim Jones's cult?

The same reason you don't believe in any of them, xtian, is the reason we don't believe in Jesus.

Think hard about that, xtian, and then let's discuss.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service