I don't want this to be a chance for you to tell me what is wrong with the theocratic abscess burrowed; the thorn in your side or the vacant imperfection imposed upon the resident scapegoat. I care not to afford you the opportunity to lick your wounds in my sight or to appease the cultural norms subscribed.

Without the fear on the other side of the fence nor the ruckus in the alley way I want you to tell me what the benefit of an atheist lifestyle is had the social and political majority not absolved you and the necessary protestation of that artificial insemination had manifested itself in hindsight.

In other words, had there been no myth where would you see yourself rather than where would you see yourself in light of it.

Views: 3070

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well, Then Why Think Atheist? [...] I care not to afford you the opportunity to lick your wounds in my sight or to appease the cultural norms subscribed.

We've been through it before, David. You ask the question. We answer it. You ignore the answer. 

Crackpot: Why think atheist?
Me: You say there's a God. I ask for evidence. You have none. So I don't believe you.
Crackpot: Yes, but the question remains! Why think atheist?
Me:  I just explained. Where is your evidence, please? 
Crackpot: See?! I just wounded you! Lick your wounds, atheist! 

You MUST ignore this, you see. That ignorance is the basis of your belief in God. If you acknowledge our explanation of 'why think atheist', then God vanishes. But if you refuse to become informed by the explanation-- willfully ignoring it-- then you can pin God to that willful ignorance. Through that incongruity you convince yourself that your position is unassailable. 

Without the fear on the other side of the fence nor the ruckus in the alley way

What fear and ruckus do you mean?

I want you to tell me what the benefit of an atheist lifestyle is

There is no atheist lifestyle. Atheism is the rejection or unawareness of theism. That's all.

Scientific skepticism is about knowledge, information, and discerning what is true from what is not true. In that sense, disbelief in God has the same benefit as disbelief in other unsupported claims, such as leprechauns or astrology: you don't waste your time on childish nonsense.

had the social and political majority not absolved you

The social and political majority haven't "absolved" us. And absolution for atheism is unnecessary and irrelevant. We do not decide reality by democratic vote.

and the necessary protestation of that artificial insemination had manifested itself in hindsight. In other words, had there been no myth where would you see yourself rather than where would you see yourself in light of it.

That's how David responds when he gets frustrated: go incoherent ("This shit is GOD!"), rage quit, sulk for a while, then come back and act like it never happened. Thus, he always wins every argument, just like he says.

I have a question for you David. If your tree fell in a forest of nonsensical metaphors, would it make a noise like an author who thinks he's wowing you by chopping it down with his dull blade of sharp inarticulate but not particulate matter bladder in light of the rhyming thorn bushes?

Fuck you.
What I value most in life is truth and honesty. I measure my life by being able to live this way. Without the riddance of religion I wouldn't be able to be true to these things and would be far less enjoyable to be around.

However, of course, what religion does in my life and those around me is not my issue with it. My issue is what it does to all people the world over. (thats seeing the big picture) As well, what it has the potential of doing today and long after I'm gone.(that's seeing the bigger picture)

What religion does to all people the world over.

After much else has been said, there's this:

Religion makes many people a little bit poorer and a few people very much richer.

Because the alternative is intellectual and philosophical suicide.

I think David has not been sticking to his medication regimen.

"Wait! Let's prey on the blind, deaf, dumb, dead, hustle maybe a couple will love what you said."

-Atmosphere

Why "Think Atheist"? Because "Think Theist" is a contradiction in terms.

What would I be doing if there had never been religion? Likely in a sleeper pod, in suspended animation, in an ion-propelled starship, on my way to the nearest solar system with an inhabitable planet, or possibly even one that has notified us they'd like a meet & greet. This would be because mankind would have progressed SO much further without the millstone of religion holding back our progress, eg., the Vatican finally acknowledged, November 1, 1992, that Galileo was right, something every educated grade-school child had known for decades.

Ha ha ha...

Why "Think Atheist"? Because "Think Theist" is a contradiction in terms.

Ouch...that one slipped between the 4th and 5th rib...:D

Archy.

In a sleeper pod. Star ship approaches the never ending utopia of the celestial god ship. Nothing particularly new just appease the higher form of the advanced species. Must have evolved.

Here, dumb ass. Is my life.

http://youtu.be/APRNHfgVyos

I'm curious, Henson - drunk, high, or all of the above --?

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 45 minutes ago. 18 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Ed 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 4 hours ago. 60 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service