I don't want this to be a chance for you to tell me what is wrong with the theocratic abscess burrowed; the thorn in your side or the vacant imperfection imposed upon the resident scapegoat. I care not to afford you the opportunity to lick your wounds in my sight or to appease the cultural norms subscribed.

Without the fear on the other side of the fence nor the ruckus in the alley way I want you to tell me what the benefit of an atheist lifestyle is had the social and political majority not absolved you and the necessary protestation of that artificial insemination had manifested itself in hindsight.

In other words, had there been no myth where would you see yourself rather than where would you see yourself in light of it.

Views: 2990

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Blaine, I can just envision a wild-eyed, Islamic extremist, his vest beaded with packets of C-4, screaming, "Google the Infidels!"

Being omniscient, I "get" everything (though I could really do without the STD's).

Be careful with those STDs or you might end up being omni-impotent too.

Apologies to STDs, the impotent, or anyone who takes little blue pills and also as i think of it, to anyone who has ever had one of those unfortunate 4 hour erections that they have guts to refer to as a side effect.

I just joined your daughter's club, though my coffee went on the keyboard!

Good news, Marc!  There is a god for that kind of side-effect.

Strega! Now that is a god with a serious problem :)

Yeah, I hear Osama bin Laden said it too --

I've heard about this within the different native american tribes.

Are you angry, David?  Does your anger stem from frustration or fear?  Are you afraid of what you have found here? 

You came here to reinforce the superiority of your beliefs.  That is a dangerous way to bolster your faith.  Sometimes we encounter ideas that we cannot defeat and we must accept a new paradigm.  This is why most people of the faith prefer to hide from ideas and information that contradicts their belief system.  Yet you seek them out.  It is not possible to debate without engaging the ideas of the other side.  Perhaps something has broken through your defenses.  Are you thinking atheist?

Do not fear.  You can find value in living beyond the God paradigm. 

Uh...:

Are you angry, David?

Is that a rhetorical question?

IMHO, D.H. is a very angry individual, an outcast having a difficult time finding a place in society.  Can you imagine how hard it is for D. H. to find others to hang out with?  Given what little you have experienced of him, how many of you would truly want to have dinner with him more then once?

Judging from D. H.'s comments I see him as a religious movement of one, David is the Messiah of the Truth according to D. H., he is the Shepherd of his flock of one.

Maybe he will become the next L. Ron Hubbard (who BTW died with a net worth of over $600 Million, now that's a successful religious leader).

GroupWikipedia: A group is a number of things or persons being in some relation to one another.

Come to the darkside David.

I'm thinking this is our David Henson. Let's be Facebook friends!

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Andy Hoke 4 minutes ago. 104 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service