I don't want this to be a chance for you to tell me what is wrong with the theocratic abscess burrowed; the thorn in your side or the vacant imperfection imposed upon the resident scapegoat. I care not to afford you the opportunity to lick your wounds in my sight or to appease the cultural norms subscribed.

Without the fear on the other side of the fence nor the ruckus in the alley way I want you to tell me what the benefit of an atheist lifestyle is had the social and political majority not absolved you and the necessary protestation of that artificial insemination had manifested itself in hindsight.

In other words, had there been no myth where would you see yourself rather than where would you see yourself in light of it.

Views: 3037

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

David,

well, then why think atheist. You must be aware of Descartes, 'I think therefore I am'. Maybe thinking ain't what you like, but the people here think and lack a belief in god[s]. 

I don't want this to be a chance for you to tell me what is wrong with the theocratic abscess burrowed; the thorn in your side or the vacant imperfection imposed upon the resident scapegoat. I care not to afford you the opportunity to lick your wounds in my sight or to appease the cultural norms subscribed. 

This is a statement of what you don't want. Can you possibly tell us what you want without having to result to insults? As I have told you before, am not aware the admin sent you a memo, if you think you are resident scapegoat, stop fooling yourself and get a life. we didn't ask for one to come so I didn't care what you want to call yourself.

You know for one who claims to have been an atheist for 27 years, you come out to be really ignorant. Atheism is not a lifestyle, or are you saying bald head is a lifestyle? Atheism simply is a lack of belief in god[s] something I thought you should know. The little confidence I had in your schooling is waning by the day, if you continue this way, I'll propose you claim a refund from the school where you paid the fees, they seem not to have helped you!

Why should I care, except that we must resist the current myths since they make claims about science that are based on ghosts and demand we live according to some laws given by a sky god who was a failure from the word go when he attempted programming. Now this god if it does exist which you failed to prove in the two threads you started should have remained in her sleep maybe we would not be here responding to such verbiage from you.

On a side note, it doesn't matter how many discussions you start, you still have got to clear the matter of Gen 1:1 word 3 and 4.

The little confidence I had in your schooling is waning by the day, if you continue this way, I'll propose you claim a refund from the school where you paid the fees, they seem not to have helped you!

Onyango, honey, you brighten my day :)

I've never before in my life used THE two-word reply in a forum. In general doing so forfeits too much. In this particular case, though, it seemed, really, the ONLY response to the overwhelming hubris of David submission.

Mike, I am sure many of us were thinking it and longing to say it.  My thought had considerably more f-bombs in it.  We're talking like Samuel L. Jackson  in Pulp Fiction here....

@Diane - Pulp Fiction ain't nuthin' - you should hear Samuel L in his bedtime nursery rhyme, "Go the Fuck to Sleep!" If you've ever had kids, or even baby-sat, you know exactly where he's coming from.

what a serious poem. I would sleep before the first stanza is done

Not so serious, Onyango, when taken as intended, tongue-in-cheek --

I'm sorry I fell asleep halfway thru...did it have a happy ending. :D

Normally, Mike, use of that phrase is the last refuge of the vocabulary-impaired, but in David's case, it's certainly tempting.

A vocabulary impairment?

Okay, your opinion.

My opinion? It's an occasional vocabulary enhancement.

In second place, after "God fucked up."

Patrick,

This line of thought has always puzzled me.

To start off may I ask you a question?

If so, what religious group are you part of?

"I was born with no organ for the reception of faith."

Uhm... ... This organ is called the brain. It is used for several things among them believing in religion. Not the most efficient use admittedly but... There is a lot of scientific data out there that shows the release of chemicals that basically cause one to get high off of praying and the like which allows people to think (with that organ) that they feel the presents of god. 

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service