Fundies are often easier to deal with then "moderate-conservative" Christians.

One major problem I have with them is that they ignore the attrocities in the Old Testament and

they will readily and eagarly tell me why.

"Well, sure, there were a lot of bad things mentioned in the Old Testament, but that was because the people didn't understand the word of God correctly. That's why Jesus came, to correct us. He came to teach us that God is about love."

Okay, so I'm still stumbling a bit to answer this, and as you may well know, if you stumble at all... theists call "victory."

A LITTLE HELP PLEASE?

Thank you

Tags: Gospel, Jesus, NT, New Testament, OT, Old Testament, vs

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for showing up! I was hopeful that this discussion would get interesting!
Are the Jews, Christians, Church of England gods people but they are still arguing, and I have a feeling they will not find the answer in a contradictory book.
Praying to get better is contradictory as they can’t wait to get to heaven. Double standards here I think. You cannot pick and chose what you believe and know for certain it is the truth.
To trust those who will pray to a bit of cloth in Turin surely are not to be trusted as sane.
I was told that god loved me, so why does he want to send me to hell, perhaps they are wrong and hell is the best place.
I have just finished CJ Werleman's book, God hates You, Hate him Back and he goes in to details of the crimes committed by so called 'good' followers.
How many times is stoning mentioned, when I am walking on the beach I watch carefully who is around me unless I am bombarded with stones.

I
You just complicate things by copying them from the skeptics annotated Bible which can find very few "contradictions" with a newer version that is targeted toward a modern audience.

So why isnt Jesus qualified to tell people of coming punishment?
Shh. Shh. Don't give David the ammunition.
Actually I'm reading the NLT version myself... [in an ink and paper book, not online] and I've already found enough complications and attrocities to lose count.
For example, God doesn't know where Adam is in the Genesis Adam and Eve Story.
"Then the Lord God called to the man, "Where are you?" - Genesis 3:9
However O'Connell, this discussion is not about bible contradictions, it is about the "Jesus came to correct us because we interpreted God wrong" claim among Christians. Please stay on topic people! Thank you. ^_^
O well that has some validity. looking at Acts 22

21"Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.' "

22The crowd listened to Paul until he said this. Then they raised their voices and shouted, "Rid the earth of him! He's not fit to live!"

The Jews were racist and thought that salvation was only for Jews, but as far as god's justcie demonstrated in the Old Testament that claim has no validity
Also be sure to say the same things to everyone else who has commented off topic not just the people who have views that contradict yours
Actually I said "people" so I was referring to everyone.
Have you ever asked a question you knew the answer to? I just did.
Which is what exactly? *Curious*
I myself find no point in asking questions that I already know the answer to. Life is short, and I see that as a waste of time. Although I am curious to know what your "already answered question" is.
I may go back and ask related questions when I know the basics that lay the groundwork for that question.

I despise organized religion for it is naught but a poison that infiltrates and corrupts whatever it gets it's evil hands on.
However, as I live in the US, I respect the right of people to believe [or not believe] whatever they want, whether I like it or not.

When you think you know everything that should be known, you become stagnant and useless, as you contribute nothing to the human race and the planet as a whole.

The atheist is not afraid to answer a question with "I don't know." Sometimes that is the only honest way to answer a question.
"Does life after death exist?" I don't know.
//When you think you know everything that should be known, you become stagnant and useless, as you contribute nothing to the human race and the planet as a whole.//
Funny you mention that here is the verse on my picture

1 Corinthians 8

Take Care with Your Liberty

1Now concerning (A)things sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have (B)knowledge Knowledge (C)makes arrogant, but love (D)edifies.
2(E)If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet (F)known as he ought to know;

3but if anyone loves God, he (G)is known by Him.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service