Hamas warned Israel: “We Love Death More Than You Love Life.” Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah said “We are going to win, because they love life and we love death,” Two years before he killed thirteen people and wounded twenty-nine at Fort Hood, Texas, Nidal Malik Hasan prepared a slide show for his fellow Army doctors on the subject of Islam. One of his last points read: “We love death more than you love life!” The idea originated with a 7th-century Muslim commander who threatened his enemies with “an army of men that love death as you love life.” I assume that saying is the motto of Islam.

Hamas has built tunnels to infiltrate Israeli communities and perpetuate terrorist attacks. Child labor is used in this operation and according to an article published by the Institute for Palestine Studies, at least 160 children died during the construction of the tunnels. There have been more than 30 tunnels found, some of which lead directly to Israeli communities near the border with Gaza. These tunnels run right through residential neighborhoods.

Hamas uses civilian homes and structures to store weapons and rig explosives. Stockpiles of ammunition, grenades, automatic rifles, RPGs, explosives and other military equipment seized by IDF soldiers in Gaza were found in private Palestinian homes. This is part of the terrorist organization’s efforts to turn every building in Gaza into a weapon. Hamas treats the homes and civilian institutions of Gaza as military compounds.

Since July 8, 2014, Hamas has fired more than 2,450 rockets at Israel. They place their rocket and mortar launchers in populated areas, next to schools, hospitals and mosques then tells the people to stay in their houses when they expect a missile attack from Israel. Gaza's Interior Ministry, which in a statement on Hamas radio, dismissed Israel's warnings as “psychological warfare” and told those who left their homes to return and others to stay put. Israel dropped leaflets into the areas that will be fired upon that read: “Those who fail to comply with the instructions to leave immediately will endanger their lives and the lives of their families. Beware.”

They also fire dud missiles to warn residents of impending bombings, but Hamas tells its people to ignore these warnings.

All of these methods involving ordinary citizens of Gaza backs up the slogan “We Love Death More Than You Love Life.” It also is the reason that Hamas wants its innocent citizens to die. They do it so their people will be killed. It is good public relations for their cause to have a mounting death toll from the Israeli forces. Of course it is working as shown by so many protests all over the world. The only way these protests will stop is if Israel lays down its arms and gets defeated by the Palestinians.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Views: 1509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Read to the end of his quote. It's a quote from Christopher Hitchens. I find myself disagreeing with the Hitch every now and again, but I think he's spot-on in this case.

And Gary, you may find using the "quote" button on your post box will help alleviate this kind of confusion. :)

The quote is apparently from Hitch-22: A Memoir. You can read the quote formatted differently here.

Good quote, Gary. I think that pretty well sums it up. This is exactly why the Palestinians can't just "mind their own business" and keep quiet as they're slowly starved out.

You said:

I find it unfathomable that we, as rational human beings, can believe that a single religion, Islam,  of all the Abrahamic religions, somehow has the magical power to totally and completely override the free will of all of its followers.

That's exactly my thinking. People over here in the west pretend like Islam, in and of itself, can turn human beings into monsters like no other religion can. I think Palestinians would just ignore the extremists, and become secular instead of joining, unless there was some other reason they might think a radical religion was their only hope.

Think about suicide. It's not a human thing to do. If you're not mentally ill, who wants to end his or her own life? For the most part if you're being oppressed, you want to end the other guy's life but keep your own. To be in a place where you literally think killing yourself along with a few of the "enemy" is your best hope ... a place where you believe the man with the funny beard who says killing your own self is glorious ... what must your circumstances be like to drive you into that position?

I dislike most people that deal in absolutes. Life is a mitigating circumstance.

It's hard being a human.

And yet, the majority of people who proclaiim disbelief in absolutes seem to feel it's okay to make an exception when it comes to moral matters. They want to believe that if they make a moral judgment that something is bad or wrong it actually IS wrong and not just someone's attitude or opinion.

As you don't appear to be replying to anyone, I can't tell who you think is dealing in absolutes.

"I dislike most people that deal in absolutes."

I absolutely agree with you.

This is your "only democracy" in Middle East

RISHON LEZION Israel (Reuters) - Israeli police on Sunday blocked more than 200 far-right Israeli protesters from rushing guests at a wedding of a Jewish woman and Muslim man as they shouted "death to the Arabs" in a sign of tensions stoked by the Gaza war.

Ahh a theocratic state hidden by the curtails of fake democracy

I guess it should be considered fortunate that the Police did actually thwart the protesters' plans rather than look the other way and let the theocrats do "God's work" of preserving racial purity.

You seem to be saying that by blocking the far-right (bad guy) protesters from attacking the wedding that proves Israel isn't democratic? Do I have that right?

If so, that's total nonsense.

Exactly what Adam said. When your back is against the wall and every option has been taken from you, and you find yourself against a vastly superior force dedicated to your slow destruction, a force which is also powerful enough that they can destroy you slowly so the world doesn’t notice…I wonder how you would react.

I think if the people in the west actually paid attention to what was going on in Israel/Palestine, we would immediately enact military sanctions against Israel.

The latest count? About 2,000 Gazans dead, mostly civilians, and 67 Israeli dead, all but three of them soldiers. “We love death” was meant as a threat? That’s laughable. Gaza looks suicidal, not threatening. This conflict is not a war; it’s a massacre. It’s a mass execution. Gazan deaths are cheap and come easy, and the Israeli army is more than happy to mete out as much death as could ever be asked. The rich and powerful with their weapons have always been more than willing to oblige the poor who have been too stubborn to know when they’re beaten.

@Physeter:

"I think if the people in the west actually paid attention to what was going on in Israel/Palestine, we would immediately enact military sanctions against Israel."

And I think if you would familiarize yourself with the history of this area of the world from the breakup of the Ottoman Empire to present day you will understand why that won't happen.

RSS

Blog Posts

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 2 Comments

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service