Interesting idea raised by Jimmy in another thread - if an advanced race fully understood their DNA they could recreate themselves as they saw fit.  Topic for discussion: What would be the ultimate modifications?

I'm imagining almost all brain, living in an almost indestructible metal shell connected to robotic limbs that could be changed out as necessary.  What do YOU think?

Views: 1172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Moving them a little further apart, at least in the case of women. Maybe #1 through the navel, leaving #2 where it is now. I don't think there's any urgency in terms of moving #1 away from the sex organs. Urine is basically pretty sterile.

Sterile sex. Once again, I pass.

So that's why when I told my GF sex is "all in the head" she told me I had "shit for brains".

I would be very reluctant to give up the sensory feelings of skin on skin contact. A metallic appendage stroking another metallic appendage just wouldn't cut it for me.

Someone here suggested we code DNA to make about any sort of body/avatar we want/need.  Perhaps we could have one designed specifically for sensuality, :D

Now that is an idea.

We could each have a duplicate of ourselves to harvest for replacement parts if needed. 

Maybe we could even genetically engineer me a heart. :D

We could each have a duplicate of ourselves to harvest for replacement parts if needed.

If you mean brainless duplicates, thus incapable of suffering, this has already been accomplished. Let the harvest begin.

HEY!!!  I did that for a different reason...Leave my clones alone...go make your own. :)

Eyes that could see in the full spectrum but also able to choose how much of spectrum to view at one time, would be kinda cool

The sex organs and sewage organs separated?
Steel coating on nuts?

I was thinking that that would sort of explain Superman's x-ray vision.  That's the way it seemed in the latest movie.

RSS

Forum

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 2 hours ago. 26 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 4 hours ago. 8 Replies

Ken Hamm at it again

Started by Noel in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 5 hours ago. 2 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 7 hours ago. 75 Replies

Living freely.

Started by Quincy Maxwell in Society. Last reply by Ed 9 hours ago. 22 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 9 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service