I have sighted five UFOs:

• three (fuchsia, blue, and golden) huge lights on the positions of vertices of a triangle; they were completely stationary for at least fifteen minutes.
  • a brilliant light which reached a superluminal speed within a second or two from a completely stationary position in the sky.
  • a brilliant light which "jumped" from one place to another in the sky, and then disappeared.
  • a dark spherical object with a "band" in the equatorial region with dots on the band
  • a thick brilliant beam of light travelling at a very high speed

They were "unidentified flying or stationary objects" in the sky. Such objects were sighted by many millions of people globally. One of my neighbors has sighted a huge extraterrestrial spaceship fly right above our building. Air force officers all over the world have sighted extraterrestrial spaceships up close within yards, which would hover over or remain stationary over nuclear weapon storages for hours at a time.

I have spoken to hundreds of people on the street raising awareness of the phenomenon. I'd say about 10 to 15% of the people I spoke to have sighted UFOs and a larger percentage of people know of people who have sighted UFOs. I even spoke with people who have been abducted by extraterrestrial beings.

I would like to know whether people in this forum have sighted any UFOs or have had other experiences pertaining to the phenomena.

Views: 1569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ascribing veracity to assertions without the benefit of evidence IS harmful , Angela . It harms the process of reasoned , logical thought . It harms our ability to educate the gullible regarding standards of evidence and falsification . It casts aside the hard work and sacrifice of real scientists doing ACTUAL science , by elevating these scientifically illiterate UFOlogist clowns to their level .

Clouds aren't quantum particles. They don't POP into existence POP out of existence. How long did they stay looking like that? I must say that the lack of hard edges makes them seem more like clouds than solid objects. 

I have seen some mighty strange cloud phenomena, but have never even thought they might be extraterrestrial spacecraft.

"I must say that the lack of hard edges makes them seem more like clouds than solid objects."

Oh I must say who really cares - its fantasy - your not clever just because you observe :the lack of hard edges blah blahdy blah - not solid objects - waffle waffle arent I intelligent yak yak" : )

Honestly this is something that skeptics ought to relax about - its really not worth shitting yourselves over ...

.Yours Truly

I have absolutely no problem with anyone indulging in fantasy , as long as the fantasy is acknowledged as such . I DO , however , have a big problem when folks like ET write about fantasy and present it as truth , then give anecdotal , BS , non evidence as proof of their deluded assertions . That mocks the truth , as well as those who struggle every day to seek it out .

'truth' should be mocked, but 'TRUTH', not so much. Sadly I can't always tell the difference. 

Everyone, including yours truly, has encountered unidentified phenomena, and they ALL have one thing in common: either they eventually become explained, or they don't.  But ABSOLUTELY NONE of the tens of thousands of reports over the years has turned up an iota of supporting empirical evidence of anything of an extraterrestrial, supernatural, or paranormal origin.

I can confidently assure you: NOBODY has ever seen any kind of visitation from any sentient or technological entity from outer space.  They are ALL hoaxes, delusions, hallucinations, dreams, optical illusions, or fantasies.  If you want to convince me that I am wrong, show me!  It's the same thing I tell J.W.s.and Mormons about the god they're so certain exists.

If anyone here wants to debate me on this issue, I eagerly await your responses.  But PLEASE don't waste my time with anecdotal testimony from bubbas and grandmas in the hinterlands.  Likewise, don't expect me to be impressed with policemen, pilots, and aging astronauts.  They are just as vulnerable to delusions as anybody else.

As to "Resist..." I can't place any credibility in the examples he provides above, since I don't know who he or she is.  But his self-identification does provoke some "aluminum foil hat" speculations as to his motivations.   

I especially enjoyed his description of an object floating in the sky at a standstill , then instantly accelerating to "supraluminal" speed . I guess " aliens " can suspend the laws of inertia , if not , they would be instantaneously crushed and killed by the rapid acceleration . He also ignores the fact that an object instantly accelerating toward light speed in our atmosphere , would move so rapidly the air molecules would be unable to get out of the way . The massive energy released by this incredible acceleration , would cause the air molecules in front and around the craft to fuse , not to mention the fusion and disintegration of the the craft itself , the energy being released in a ( depending on the mass of the craft ) , gigantic nuclear explosion causing immense devastation and destruction . His post demonstrates gullibility , combined with an illiteracy in science generally , and physics in particular .

The UFO crowd have no understanding of basic physics. Or, if they do, then they, like religious people, believe in miracles and magic, because to do something in such total violation of standard physics could only be either a miracle or some sort of magic. 

"But his self-identification does provoke some "aluminum foil hat" speculations as to his motivations."

Im ready

'Tensile Strengh' in this context does become an interesting point...;p) 

Why is it in this digital age when everyone has a phone which can record videos or photos is there not one clear unambiguous image of a UFO?  By the way, UFO does not equate to extra-terrestrial.  All UFO means is that there is something you can't identify.  

It is all poppycock and balderdash.

In a word 'Resolution', followed by words such as 'planning', and 'gitters'. I expect that a good clear picture, with no neurotic ticks, would be very helpful to tease the good observations from crap. Sadly, I have no idea what the % of crap might be, but given the nuttyness that seems present, I expect the actual signal is very close to zero.

RSS

Forum

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 59 minutes ago. 29 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 1 hour ago. 11 Replies

Lobby

Started by Glen L in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

FROM THE WORD OF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by Derp McChuckles 1 hour ago. 4 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Derp McChuckles 2 hours ago. 76 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 11 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service