I'm predicting that the President will get a second term despite slightly losing the general vote, all due to America's wacky Electoral College system. In other words, the reverse of the Bush/Gore election.

Maybe this will be the impetus to get rid of the wacky Electoral College thing.

What's your prediction?

Tags: 2012, Barack, Obama, college, election, electoral

Views: 765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's referred to as "collateral damage."

War can't be moral. What logic is there in losing what one feels is a just war because winning it would be immoral, thus subjecting oneself, one's mate, one's children, one's family to subjugation, torture, or death? Would anyone give up their claim to their lands if all it took to keep them safe was to do something obviously "immoral"? 

This idea that war can somehow be right and honorable and still winnable is so much nonsense. One's only task upon entering war is to win, by whatever means spares the fewest of one's own kind. When one enters into war, one has to throw morals out the window.

War is always brutal, ugly, and wasteful but it can be moral (or at least just) under some circumstances, such as when inaction would lead to greater harm.

For instance, the morality of war seemed questionable when George W. Bush sent U.S. troops marching into Iraq like he got them for Christmas.

But it would have seemed less moral to do nothing while Nazi Germany's Holy Reich conquered England and all of Europe by force, while exterminating millions of Jews, Romanies, Homosexuals, Democrats, and dissidents in the process. FDR made the right call on that one.

I expect that third party candidates will be more appealing the next time around.

The next president will need to deal with the 'junk-pile' of the NY/east coast area now. If the last east coast storm is any indication of the things to come, politics could become the least of our worries. 

I'm Canadian and won't vote, but I hope to hell that Obama wins, because Romney scares the crap out of me.  Anybody who devotes their lives to a religion created in the past 200 years should be committed, yet he has a chance at being the most powerful man in the world. All religion is crazy, but Mormonism is extra crazy.

rflmao - kk

I second that. I am amazed that he manages to trump up that much support to begin with.

I blogged this a while back but maybe it was too early. There is a Mormon mission house across from my house. New guys every few months all dressed the same, what a shame. But they are far out and way more deluded than the other cults. Anybody a bit uneasy at the prospect of a fundamentalist in the White House or is it just me? Yes, Brother President.

BTW, I currently live in the only state that actually matters in this election, at least according to the "experts." I live in Ohio. If you live in Indiana or New Mexico, how does it feel to know that your vote is so taken for granted that it (pardon my street lingo) don't mean diddly-squat?

I predict that it simply does not matter much because big money and big business are what gets them into Orifice and once in the incumbent has to pay up on the millions of dollars it took to get there.

"Democracy" my pert little ass !
Regards,
Judith vd R.

BIG Money runs the entire world; no one is immune from it's influence. It sucks.

I also feel that an Obama win is looking pretty safe. Fine by me, because he's certainly better than Romney. He may just win the popular vote, but should be fine in the electoral college. I think the Democrats will win the senate as well.

Last prediction, I'm voting for Rocky Anderson, but he will probably only come in fifth...

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service