Best in Show...Dry humor, nat I'd like a movie about dogs ;), soooo many memorable lines:

Sherri Ann Cabot: Leslie and I have an amazing relationship and it's very physical, he still pushes all my buttons. People say 'oh but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.
Buck Laughlin: I went to one of those obedience places once... it was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts.

LIfe of Brian...Monty Python (duh!) and, of course, the sheer irreverence of it:

Wise Man #1: We were led by a star.
Brian's mother: Led by a bottle, more like.
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
Mrs. Big Nose: [trying to hear Jesus' sermon on the mount] Oh, it's blessed are the MEEK! Oh, I'm glad they're getting something, they have a hell of a time.
Reg: What Jesus fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem.
Pontius Pilate: He has a wife, you know. Do you know what she's called? She's called... Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks.

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

1. The lord of the rings, the fellowship.
Having had ma dad read all the books to me at a young age, and having re-read them all countless times by the time i was 14 i just loved the movie, when i got the dvd for my birthday (i can't remember the year) i watched it over and over and over, to the point where i could watch the movie and recite all the lines as they were spoken :P (if they ever make the hobbit i wouldn't be suprised if that made my #2)

2. The motor cycle diaries
I watched this film after my history teacher last year mentioned it in class, he got so excited when he talked about the movie i thought i just had to watch it. It's such an amazing movie, i loved the music, the plot everything. Most movies in sub titles would realllly put me off, but this movie is by far an exception. =]
Incontinentia Buttocks is classic. I laughed so hard when i first saw that movie that i actually became incontinent. But not in a buttocks sort of way. My favorite movies are...2? I have to pick 2? OK...Eraserhead...Team America...Blue Velvet...sorry. Never been one to follow rules well.
"From what I can tell, blessed is anyone with a vested interest in the status quo."

My number one favourite film is Sin City, I just love the style; the look of it, the sound of it. I just found it purely entertaining.
My second favourite (at the moment) is Fight Club. I watched it for the first time in years the other day, and brought back a lot of memories as it was my favourite book as a teenager. I'm going to have to dig that book out and see if it's as good as I remember.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Atheist themed films

Started by Chancy Oct 30, 2011. 0 Replies

'So bad it's good.'

Started by Julien. Last reply by Julien Jun 17, 2011. 4 Replies

Illegal download of movies

Started by Julien. Last reply by NakkiNyan Jan 29, 2011. 15 Replies

Film / movie

Started by Julien. Last reply by Julien Jun 17, 2011. 3 Replies

Silent Films

Started by Matt Peters. Last reply by Julien Dec 15, 2010. 5 Replies