When I was growing up I was in a pretty moderate form of Christianity in the Methodist church but some how in High School and College I took time out of college to go to a place that was at least very Cult like if not an outright cult. (The same place as Enlightenment actually) I came home and spent the better part of the next 5 years trying to find myself. I then Just gave up accepting that I may be able to answer that there is something more to the universe but since I don't know what it is I can't really be called anything. I wouldn't specifically say I am an atheist but I wouldn't say I fit in any of the other molds either though I do feel a real connection to the earth. I hope I can find people with similar views or at least people willing to accept that my views are not neatly fitting into any one catagory. So I'm here still confused just ok with it.

I hope to have good conversation with many of you.

L the red

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went to a Methodist College, and enjoyed the heck out of it. However, I found the more I studied the less I believed and the more I wondered why and how the faculty could continue to believe. Some had pretty solid logic, and I can settle for the moderate believer as long as they think about things and don't just say "faith" as if it settles all disputes, but I found that some seemed only to 'believe' because they couldn't imagine not believing, and they didn't want to admit to themselves they may have believed wrong. This may not be entirely accurate but that's the impression I got.

Anyhow, I hope to read more and I hope confusion doesn't become too burdensome. I think, as long as you are logical, rational, and open to new ideas there should be no reason not to be accepting.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 5 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service