After reading many Christian posts, where they spout that the key to happiness is found through Jesus Christ, I just knew I needed to post something to the contrary.  This is what I posted:

I've changed. I've found happiness. Not with the spiritual, but within myself and with the joy and peace that I've found since I let go of moral absolutes and the chains of religious dogmatism. You may disagree with me, and I know my happiness may not be yours. That's alright, I respect that. But, philosophically, politically, and in my heart I've found happiness and I'd be selfish not to share it.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can see why people need to believe in their own personal deity, if not for salvation, then to give order to the random mutations that gave birth to their ancestors and to believe that there are checks and balances in place to ensure that good and bad are noticed and acted upon at some higher level. So many of the faithful imagine desolation and misery without god. Fear seems to cause them to cling onto its absurdity ever harder. They must know at some level, their belief system just can't be sustained. Denial is an amazing thing.

The clinical randomness, the cause and effect is what gives my world its beauty and makes me feel so honoured to have walked this way for such a short time. It saddens me that many of my fellow humans do not realise what a special and unique place in the universe we inhabit. Perhaps then, they would do more to protect it and less to hasten its demise.

excellent status !!

I am a theist but I dont care where you find your happiness ... as long as you find it

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service