Today I met someone that told me that they were not going to vaccinate their child because it causes autism. Sometimes I get really tired of this type of person and I know some of you do too.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and how did you handle it. Me, I just walked away from that particular person.

Tags: advice, autism, examples, vaccines

Views: 712

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But a lot of people are more willing to listen to hucksters peddling paranoia than to simply take a cold, hard look at the facts, which are that the threat of the diseases vaccinations prevent are, in toto, much greater than the threat of being vaccinated.

Unless you are of course someone like my work associate. 

Educated idiots.

I agree with just about all of you. People who do things like that are relying too much on the media's over-exaggeration of the issues that this one team brought up, and denied across the rest of the scientific community. And everyone knows that the media is not trustworthy when it comes to issues of scientific discussion (like the “controversial topic” of evolution). I understand that they could just be trying their best to protect their child, but they can't ignore all the (obviously proven) health benefits correlated to vaccinations. Also, was not that whole issue over those autism findings proven to be false any-way (I mean the research it-self)? I am pretty sure that the team that released those findings manipulated the data in their favor for the argument that vaccinations correlate with autism. Does anyone have an insight into that?

personally I am scared to get new vaccines, especially the newer flu vaccines because I distrust the government and their political/religious games.

I have a cousin who's like that. If you scroll down to the bottom of my blogs.. you'll see I had a very spirited conversation with one her gurus, Gary. He doesn't seem to think vaccines have done anything but cause death. Never mind they'd eradicated small pox and polio..Based on a more recent convo I had with him, he thinks the only determining factors were sanitation and nutrition which lead to a lower national death rate in the U.S... I argued they helped get the ball rolling, but only got us so far. .. I should also mention  that this guy, Gary, seems to think the CDC and EPA are backed by Big Pharma, so he doesn't put any credence into their findings. Nor does he care for any study which refutes his claims, because you know it's just being spoon-fed by Bug Pharma since they make sooo much money on vaccinations.. (umm, yea)

the CDC in America has been instrumental in the obscuring of vaccine problems.CDC officials removed large amounts of data from the study that showed a decline in autism rates following the removal of Thimerosal. The agency then twisted the remaining data to imply an increase in autism rates following the removal of Thimerosal, and suggested that there was no link between Thimerosal and autism.

Learn more:http://www.naturalnews.com/034038_vaccines_autism.html#ixzz1ovt5OVmq

You are seriously using naturalnews.com as your source..?

Here's some debunking of crap info for you:

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service