I was sitting in my room on the computer when I suddenly got an urge to "try something new" with another woman. After I had repented, flogged myself several times, and promised to offer a burnt offering for forgiveness to the All-Powerful, All-Omnipotent, and All-Merciful Ruler of the universe, I skipped back to my bed and said a long, remorseful prayer. Refreshing.

Just kidding :p But, on a more serious note, is this common among either gender? I might just be asking some really weird questions, but does anyone else ever have a moment when they're attracted to the same sex? Is it offensive to people who are naturally inclined to be gay to "experiment"? Personally, even when I was a christian, I didn't know how to deal with the whole issue. It seemed so snotty just to say something like "I love the sinner and not the sin" (picture a victorian noblewoman fanning herself and in a fake, high-pitched voice going "hahahahaha" right after saying this). Now I don't really care. People should be able to be with who they love regardless of who it turns out to be. But I never thought that I'd ever have those types of feelings.

Any other thoughts?

Tags: homosexuality, morality, sex

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Farm hand fairies and butch & barefoot....haha........somewhere in the world right now,
Ted Haggardy is getting a chubby
Seriously, Misty, you need to precede such posts with a warning to put down hot beverages and swallow any food that might be in one's mouth.  I just spent the last few minutes cleaning up coffee and wiping off my monitor - and I'm still laughing.
Now read it again in your best Crocodile Hunter voice, as you picture me creeping up behind Bill O'Reily wearing a grass skirt and holding the blow gun in one hand and a tikki torch in the other....

Cue Voice:

Oy, Crikey, here we have Misty, the World Batheist, poised for attack on an elusive O'Reilly.  Dangerous predators, those World Batheists, and difficult to predict.  The O'Reilly makes for highly evolve prey, however, and could defend itself with fallacy in a split second.  Let's go in for a closer look, shall we?

Bwahaha!
I can die happy now!
The not so funny thing is that many of them ARE gay--secretly.
I know...how much self hatred does one person need?
Proof positive of what indoctrination does to the developing mind.
Lol sounds like a plan. I guess this whole issue bothers me more because I came from a conservative family. Trying to be more open-minded now gets more complicated than I thought it would be sometimes. Viewing my life as purely MY own is harder than I thought it'd be too. But I guess what can you expect when you once thought your life belonged entirely to someone else? But anyway thanks for the post.

I couldn't agree with you more, Shay. People have every right to be with whoever they want to be, male or female. I've had a moment (several actually, but with the same person) where I have been attracted to the same sex, because it's the personality that really makes a difference. 

Simple littly ditty, "It's Okay to be Gay." lol

Good point. I think I'd be more attracted to an optimistic girl than a snobby guy any day.

I have a friend (male) who is gay and he has an interesting theory on this subject. He believes that no-one is really "straight", but that everyone is gay, but it depends on what degree of "gay" you are is what creates the persona of your sexuality. For example, imagine a scale from 1 to 10. The most anti-gendered person you can think of (a really manly lesbian or very flamboyant gay) would fit as 10, while a stereotypically gendered person (a manly-man or girly-woman) is a 1 on this scale. We all fit on the scale some-where, no one is a 0 (perfectly straight) or an 11 (perfectly gay), one could say (uncomfortably) that we are all "gay" to some extent.

Studies have shown that males do, to some "common" extent (like about 1 out of every 5 college males), have gay thoughts, but they are extremely unlikely to express these and deny this in a public setting, due to stigmas against their masculinity. Women have been shown to be more open about this because the pressures on their personas are less binding (such as being a "tomboy" is acceptable), but the core issue remains with them as-well.

The changes in the world since I came out 40 years ago are both phenomenal and peculiar. From a time of fear and loathing into today's politically-correct pressures of acceptance. I sometimes have to catch my breath. With the fine work of science we have learned that being homosexual is neither vile nor negotiable, but simply the way we are each so beautifully assembled. Where you reside on the wide scale of sexuality is yours alone to determine, free of outside interference. Being without God impels you judge for yourself whether or not to allow for experimentation with your sex. Fear can be a powerful barrier. That's why I believe that people should tell their stories, "un-weave the rainbow"(aplogies to Mr. Dawkins) and perhaps remind people that "being Gay!" has been a tortuous and death-paved road that begins with the Christians and ends with today's new-found embracement. But what a Hell-of-a-Ride.....

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service