Ants and bees are descended from wasps. Termites are descended from cockroaches.

You have to hum the Spanish national anthem because it has no words.

It's estimated that the number of years from the Big Bang to absolute entropy is greater than the total number of atoms in the universe. 

Everyone knows a male cat is a "tom." Not everyone knows that the female is called a "queen."

It takes a photon 200,000 years or more to go from the center of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to reach Earth.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try to imagine a world without tomatoes, potatoes, vanilla, chocolate, corn, and chilis. Just a few of the foods we'd have to live without if The New World and Mexico in particular had never been discovered. Probably no single country in the world has made a larger contribution to the food ingredients we take for granted daily than Mexico.

Also, Belle. 

WTF? Are you referring to Taco Bell?

Mmmmmmmmm - Taco Bell!

Belle Rose, dummy.  Mexico's finest export. 

I'm not sure it's common knowledge here that she's of Mexican ancestry. I certainly didn't know.

She's said it lots of times in public forums.  Or New Mexico.  I'm not sure. 

New Mexico is in the United States, Simon.

1930's-1940'a movie star Heddy Lamarr was not just pretty, she was pretty heady. A prolific inventor, during the war she and a partner invented a frequency-hopping technology designed to thwart radio signal jamming. This basic technology, further developed, is used in today's wifi and cell phone technology to make communicatioins more secure.

That is far out.  I like brainy ladies. 

Her name was Hedy Lamarr and she was in eleven movies, in alphabetic order from Boom Town to Ziegfeld Girl.

So there!

I stand corrected on the spelling of her given name.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service