Ants and bees are descended from wasps. Termites are descended from cockroaches.

You have to hum the Spanish national anthem because it has no words.

It's estimated that the number of years from the Big Bang to absolute entropy is greater than the total number of atoms in the universe. 

Everyone knows a male cat is a "tom." Not everyone knows that the female is called a "queen."

It takes a photon 200,000 years or more to go from the center of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to reach Earth.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both Handel and Bach were operated on their eyes (without anaesthesia) in different countries by the same hack doctor . This shortened both of their lives and hastened their blindness.

Now they are both decomposing.

lol

I just got that. LOL

I guess they didn't see that coming.

Edwin Booth, brother of John Wilkes Booth (who assassinated President Lincoln), saved Lincoln's son Robert, from serious injury or death on a train platform in Jersey City, New Jersey shortly before the assassination.

That's pretty damn ironic.

Ouch.  There's something wrong there. 

"Sternutation" is a fancy word for the act of sneezing.

The disease known as "chicken pox" has nothing to do with poultry. It earned the name because it was originally thought to be a weak strain of smallpox.

In early drafts of Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Holly Golightly was named Connie Gustafson.

Blue eyes are the result of an ancient genetic mutation.

West Virginia is no longer the coal-mining capital of the U.S.; nine of the ten top-producing coal mines are located in Wyoming.

Most people know that "Video Killed the Radio Star" was MTV's first video, but do you know the second video to air? It was Pat Benetar's "You Better Run."

While the abacus is commonly associated with the Far East, it was also used in ancient Greece and Rome.

Dogs/wolves and horses have something in common: both can run at a moderate pace almost indefinitely. Most other animals, if they run at all, are sprinters not long-distance runners.

Damn, I ought to know some factoids, but I can't think of any.  Give me some time. 

According to Einstein, we travel through spacetime at the speed of light.  That's why as our physical speed increases, time slows down.  Don't quote me on this. 

Blond people (like me) evolved in Lithuania during the ice age, then spread out all over Northern Europe.  This is the kind of thing I like to know.  There are still some wild blond tribes in Lapland. 

Factoid, mythoid, or Simon's headoid?  You decide. 

RSS

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service