What is everyone's take on this subject? I think it is a fascinating philosophy. One of my favorite quotes ever is from a comedian named Bill Hicks. It is a very smart quote on this very subject. It reads:

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is only a dream, and we are all the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather."

Tool fans might recognize this from the song "Third Eye". I tend to approach everything with an open mind and I would like to think it is due largely in part to this quote.

Tags: eye, mind's, philosophy, third

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe that this is an explanation of life. It's just a very interesting point of view. This isn't anything but a quote from a comedian. This didn't inspire any scientific studies or anything. I was just using it as a segue to the "third eye" philosophy

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service