I recently watched a video from The Amazing Atheist titled "#ThingsThatAnnoyMe" and the title is self-explanatory. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys had to say, everything that annoys you. Anything you hate, dislike, disapprove, loath or even disagree with. Just write it down, I guess.

The reason I joined ThinkAtheist is because of Belle Rose and her discussion "Brag about yourself!" and I liked the purpose of the post and all that good stuff. This is, I guess, to anyone that just wants to release some steam and complain about anything or whatever, doesn't matter. So go apeshit and write down anything and everything you can think of that annoys you. Have fun.

Thank you to anybody who does post a comment.

Tags: Annoy, Hate, Things

Views: 1856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-I hate when my girlfriend leaves the tab on the PUR water filter to "on" so when I go to turn the faucet on I only get a little baby stream.

-I hate that they still make cans without the pop top easy openers.

-I hate having to put microwave dinners back in for a minute after stirring them.

-I hate kids.

When you ride buses a lot, as I do, things begin to annoy after a while.

When it comes to cell phones:

People who seem unaware that the mic is an inch from their mouth and talk loud enough to be heard by everyone on the bus.

People who seem to live on their cell phone and can spend 30 or 40 minutes talking about nothing that seems to be of much importance.

People who give us too much information, generally a glimpse into their sordid life: "Yeah, I just got out of jail and when I get home I gotta throw that bum Junior out of my apartment," "I'm pregnant, now I gotta shell out a couple hundred bucks to get rid of it," "Honey, don't go. I promise I'll be better. I won't do it again." This sort generally gets on the bus while talking on the phone and gets off the same way, and spends the entire ride in that same conversation.

People who stand at the front of the bus chatting up the driver, who should be concentrating on driving. 

Bus drivers who indulge them.

Bus systems with zones, which are applied hard and fast, such that a ride from zone 2 into zone 3, however short, costs more than a much longer ride that starts and ends in zone 2. Portland (OR) used to have a system like that. Now I see they've changed to a more logical time-based system. A ticket is good for 2 hours, which in Portland means you can often get your business done and return home on a $2 ticket.

How about the kid who, upon class being dismissed, yells out "What about homework?"

People who are on their cell phone and say "Where you at?"

Does that really sound better to them than "Where are you?"?

I HATE AUTOTUNE AND UPPER CASE RANTS THAT GO ON AND ON ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY LACK SIMPLE PUNCTUATION TO MAKE LONG PARAGRAPHS SEEMINGLY EXTEND INTO PAGES OF MISPELINGS AND INEDIBLE HUGELIKE MEGACHUNKS LACKINGS OF PROFOUND INSIGHTS JUST SPEWINGS FOR PERSINAL SOLIPSISIZING RESULTS

ihatethat2iagreewithuandallyourpostsinowbelievethatleavingoutpunctuationspacesandcapitalization istheproperwaytogoinwinningallarquments:)

My generation in general:
Hashtags
Yolo Swag
Fakes
Everything teens do

I'm so disappointed in us!!

I agree with last part of your last paragraph. I was a teen in the 60's and teen suicide was either much less heard of or simply not talked about. I'll let Gallup's Mirror figure out what's going on there because he seems to have unlimited time to devote to proving other people wrong.

I was bullied (for a few years because  I was overweight, I wore glasses, and I actually liked learning things). I think the tools of bullies today are more effective. A person can bully a vulnerable teen impersonally and anonymously and at the same time in a way that is more widely disseminated now.

This leads me to believe that suicide is probably more common now. I don't know how that jibes with your suspicion that kids today are more tolerant. I doubt it.

That's just about a decade. From my 67 year old perspective, it's almost a blink of the eye. I was comparing my generation with the current generation.

I hate getting furnicles in my rectum!

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Dealing with the unexpected

Posted by Belle Rose on May 1, 2015 at 4:25pm 7 Comments

It's all Greek to me

Posted by Simon Mathews on April 15, 2015 at 4:14am 18 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service