I recently watched a video from The Amazing Atheist titled "#ThingsThatAnnoyMe" and the title is self-explanatory. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys had to say, everything that annoys you. Anything you hate, dislike, disapprove, loath or even disagree with. Just write it down, I guess.

The reason I joined ThinkAtheist is because of Belle Rose and her discussion "Brag about yourself!" and I liked the purpose of the post and all that good stuff. This is, I guess, to anyone that just wants to release some steam and complain about anything or whatever, doesn't matter. So go apeshit and write down anything and everything you can think of that annoys you. Have fun.

Thank you to anybody who does post a comment.

Tags: Annoy, Hate, Things

Views: 1642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People who are on their cell phone and say "Where you at?"

Does that really sound better to them than "Where are you?"?

I HATE AUTOTUNE AND UPPER CASE RANTS THAT GO ON AND ON ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY LACK SIMPLE PUNCTUATION TO MAKE LONG PARAGRAPHS SEEMINGLY EXTEND INTO PAGES OF MISPELINGS AND INEDIBLE HUGELIKE MEGACHUNKS LACKINGS OF PROFOUND INSIGHTS JUST SPEWINGS FOR PERSINAL SOLIPSISIZING RESULTS

ihatethat2iagreewithuandallyourpostsinowbelievethatleavingoutpunctuationspacesandcapitalization istheproperwaytogoinwinningallarquments:)

My generation in general:
Hashtags
Yolo Swag
Fakes
Everything teens do

I'm so disappointed in us!!

I've kind of forgotten half the shame I felt for my generation when I was a teen (90s, mostly). We didn't get any less silly as we grew up, but we did get a little more subtle about it. Our only saving grace is that only a minor fraction of our stupidity was publicized on the internet compared to the youth of today.

Same goes for teen cruelty. I suspect, on average, your generation is actually more tolerant and accepting than mine, but in my day the incidents of brutal bullying and bigoted attitudes weren't so widely broadcast.

I agree with last part of your last paragraph. I was a teen in the 60's and teen suicide was either much less heard of or simply not talked about. I'll let Gallup's Mirror figure out what's going on there because he seems to have unlimited time to devote to proving other people wrong.

I was bullied (for a few years because  I was overweight, I wore glasses, and I actually liked learning things). I think the tools of bullies today are more effective. A person can bully a vulnerable teen impersonally and anonymously and at the same time in a way that is more widely disseminated now.

This leads me to believe that suicide is probably more common now. I don't know how that jibes with your suspicion that kids today are more tolerant. I doubt it.

This leads me to believe that suicide is probably more common now. I don't know how that jibes with your suspicion that kids today are more tolerant. I doubt it.

For American numbers (source: CDC page 15 -- http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf)

These figures are per 100,000 members of the population. Even if there was a more noticeable upward trend it wouldn't change my views.

Canada is pretty similar. Overall it's lower than when I was in high school, but it is a very minor difference.

That's just about a decade. From my 67 year old perspective, it's almost a blink of the eye. I was comparing my generation with the current generation.

You referenced my suspicion, so my reply was based on that perspective. I don't hold any suspicions about previous generations. Ten years is still a bit short of the mark, but I don't have any tidy data table which meets my needs. I don't think it's all that relevant to be honest. While bullying is of some relevance to youth suicides, there are likely far more variables at play in the overall suicide rate.

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html

Also cites CDC as its source. Jump down toward the bottom for a rough break down of 1950 - 2003. Make of it what you will, of course.

I hate getting furnicles in my rectum!

RSS

Forum

Your kid's friends

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by GTWilco 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

World conflict and problems other than Israel-Palestine.

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 7 hours ago. 54 Replies

Is Anything Worth Saying Anymore?

Started by Ari E. S. in Small Talk. Last reply by Fragile Nokia 15 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service