I recently watched a video from The Amazing Atheist titled "#ThingsThatAnnoyMe" and the title is self-explanatory. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys had to say, everything that annoys you. Anything you hate, dislike, disapprove, loath or even disagree with. Just write it down, I guess.

The reason I joined ThinkAtheist is because of Belle Rose and her discussion "Brag about yourself!" and I liked the purpose of the post and all that good stuff. This is, I guess, to anyone that just wants to release some steam and complain about anything or whatever, doesn't matter. So go apeshit and write down anything and everything you can think of that annoys you. Have fun.

Thank you to anybody who does post a comment.

Tags: Annoy, Hate, Things

Views: 1658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't you hate this:

You're at the counter of some storefront business talking about a product you just want to buy and get out of there. Then, the phone rings and the business owner or clerk excuses him/herself and spends 5 or 10 minutes with someone calling to make an inquiry. Here, you took the trouble to leave home and stop by the store and someone sitting on their ass at home is wasting your time.

This is one reason why I now do so much of my shopping with Amazon. They really HAVE revolutionized retail.

A friend of mine finally made it to the counter of an auto parts store only to have clerk's phone ring before he could start saying what it was he wanted.  The clerk took care of the call, asked him what he needed, then the phone rang again.

My friend waited for the second call to conclude then said, "Gee if I want some service maybe I should go home and call you."  At which point, he finally got service.

Come to find out that it's not just a matter of stupid employees; these places do this as a matter of deliberate policy.  Their biggest customers are auto repair shops who call to place orders and therefore:  They don't want to ignore the phone.

I think in many retail establishments the reasoning is that, at the counter, you are just one customer and you are committed to being there, whereas perhaps they can get the person on the phone to come in to that store rather than a competitor's.

I understand the reasoning, but I do think it's rude.

Oh I agree it's bad, don't get me wrong.

I think with auto parts the additional complication is that the mechanic shops are delivery only customers.  In other words the guy standing at the counter cannot possibly be a big customer, but the ringing phone might be.  It just exacerbates the effect.

Ha ha…I had that happen to me recently in an electrical store. The clerk answered the phone twice when I was trying to get information. She stopped mid-sentence to answer it as if I was not present. As I had their number as my last called on my cell phone, I dialled it as I was speaking to her. She again (for the third time) turned away and answered it. I continued talking to her as before. She glared at me and then saw the funny side. It made haggling for a discount all the more pleasant.

For some reason the local barman is not impressed when we phone in our drinks orders when the bar is busy :-)

People that need things to be 'nice' more than 'functional'.

People who would turn down a perfectly good, slightly burned, cheese sandwich.

People who would rather eat something bland, than a hot curry.

People who confuse something 'complicated' with the 'uninteresting'.

People who think walking >1 mile is crazy.

People who drink more beer than they can carry bottles to be recycled.

Guys that think appreciating beauty is not masculine.

People that walk around and never seem to look up at the sky!

People who's only interest seems to be 'work'.

People that think humor is a distraction.... 

I agree with everything you listed.
If you could see what I look like walking around on a clear night then you would probably wonder how I am surviving life at all.
I look up constantly and I can't tell you how many times I have walked into bushes, tripped on sidewalks or even sometimes just stood still to appreciate it. Of course, to somebody else it looks like I'm dumb, but I'm just taking in the beauty.
I hope I'm not the only one that does that.

I have attempted to use the simple test for a new relationship of, 'Can I bring you a very big bug, worm, praying mantis, etc, without you freaking out?' So far only one has passed this test, but the marriage only lasted 9 years. So now I hold back 'wild side'...

People who would turn down a perfectly good, slightly burned, cheese sandwich.

People who cut the crust off bread, and who don't realize that the best breads have great crusts and that the crust is the best part.

People who only grab the middle of the bread and leave the ends for others.
I like the ends but still, I just don't like that they do that. What if I didn't like the ends?

Even though I like my beef rare, I regard the heel (the end cut) as a delicacy and will usually ask for it, though if someone else seems to want it a lot, I'll give in.

I agree about the cheese sandwich.  If someone wants me to cook one for him or her, chances are it will be at least partially burnt.  The same thing applies to pancakes, waffles, toast, and turkeys.

RSS

Blog Posts

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service