And I mean the nonreligious stuff. We talk about that all day long here. I'll start...

People who insist on turning against heavy traffic from the driving lane even though there is a middle lane set aside for turning.

People who can't take two additional seconds to push their shopping cart into the stacked carts, but leave it laying around two or three feet away from where it should properly be put.

Men who piss into toilets without putting the seat up and/or don't wipe the seat. (Were you raised in a barn or is it that you're afraid of the germs on the seat but are also afraid of washing your hands after touching something "dirty"?)

Otherwise intelligent people who can't pronounce "nuclear" without putting two u's in it.

Tags: complaints, gripes, groans

Views: 1196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People who insist on petting my guide dog thus distracting her while we are out and she is clearly working in her uniform coat and harness. Last time this happened I walked slap into a crotch high bollard in the pavement (sidewalk) as a result, the bruises were impressive and in a very delicate place ! Please don’t disturb our guide dogs when they are working.

People who start talking to me but then as soon as they realise I am deaf switch to talking  over me to whoever I am with. This said, as much as it annoys me it enrages my wife who is very likely to slap the face of anyone doing this when she is present !

Seeing children in diapers past the age of three.

Going to another parents house and not seeing children's toys and books about the main living area of the home yet big screen TVs, laptops, multiple smartphones and iPads all on display. Every time I come across this I come across this I know its a home of children missing out on the simple joy of parental interaction and play, it makes me weep - why have children at all when you do not spend all the hours you can playing with them.

“I h8 it whn ppl use inet spk n ask ASL?”  What the hell is this gibberish ! Perhaps I am a bit too anal when it comes to language because I have such restricted access to it, but language is utterly wonderful and it deserves some respect, so use it well.

Being addressed as “Dear, Honey or Sweetie” by people who are not relatives or a lover, so rude.

People who think public parks and spaces are a waste of tax payers money, that wild flowers which encourage bees and insects are a menace to their children and should be eradicated - I just want to put a bullet in the worthless brains of those people !

4x4 (SUV) drivers who park in the disabled parking bays simply because they were dumb assed enough to buy a car of idiotic dimensions that they cannot fit into a normal space.

Women in Europe who wear the hijab and niqaab, for goodness sake stop being slaves to that misogynistic  religion, you are not in the middle east now !

Regards,

judith vd R.

It always strikes me as odd that people don't put two and two together on the guide dog thing.   People will say 'Sorry, I didn't l know', but I'm not sure that's really a valid excuse.  Common courtesy means thinking about your actions and considering how they impact others.  If the dog was, for example, a seeing eye dog, stopping the dog to pet it is practically stopping a person to pet their eyeballs.

LOL, Hi Kris, "Petting my eye balls" what a thought ! My Sissi is a hearing and seeing eye dog and as such she looks after my sight in my lower field of vision so any distraction means threats are on me in three or four paces, hence me taking a metal post hit.

The KNGFGeleidehonden here in the Netherlands run TV ads at times to raise awareness such as this one (you dont need to know Dutch to follow it)

That's very cute and really drives the point home!

Ok, I'll bite.

People who walk more than two abreast on a city sidewalk.

People who get on an elevator or subway and remain by the doorway no matter how many other people get on, so that they can be the first person off the elevator/subway when it's their stop.

Getting takeout or delivery, and it comes with flimsy plastic utensils.  You know the kind that you can barely pick up anything because it's so flexible and weak?  Just don't give me utensils if you are going to waste my time on that shit.

People who leave a mess in a workplace kitchen or bathroom.  Guess what, I don't want to clean up your fucking soy sauce or wet paper towels so why don't you be an adult and do it yourself?  It takes a split second.

I also get unreasonably irritated by my own alarm clock.  I actually wake up angry almost every morning.  Maybe that's why all this other shit eats at me all the time?!??!?

UGH. 

People who are wrong on the internet....seriously, it just bugs me...what if someone did a quick google search and found something wrong and then used that to make some decision.

This one happened to me yesterday. Got an important call, inadvertently hit a key sending the call to voicemail. When I returned the call minutes later, I had to wait through about 2 minutes of menu choices, only to be told that her mailbox is full.

There are multiple gripes there: labyrinthine and huge menu systems and people who let their mailbox fill up. Oh, also, idiots who have never set up their voicemail and people who phone you and leave message and then aren't there to take the return call.

People that I have to deal with on a regular basis that are interested in the lives of celebrities and 'reality' TV shows, and the discussion of these things with anyone they come in contact with.

Even more, the fact that I can't politely express my dis-interest and general annoyance with these people. I guess this goes for more than just the sort of person described above.

I WISH SOMEONE ELSE WOULD DIE so that I don't have to hear any more about Whitney Houston. She was NOT all that important to me. What I remember about her is that at some point in her career Mariah Carey, who could hit notes only dogs could hear, came along and took a lot of her glory from her.

I read a good quote the other day. I cant remember who said it but it goes something like this: 'One person dies a million cry, a million people die noone cries'.

People who don't understand the usage of "whence" which means "from where." thus "We're investigating the object to determine from whence it came" is incorrect,. It should be "We're investigating the object to determine whence it came."

..or "you're" and "your".

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Forum

Christian to Atheist. My Testimony.

Started by Toby Briggs in Welcome to Think Atheist. Last reply by captain kingsway 4 minutes ago. 1 Reply

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service