And I mean the nonreligious stuff. We talk about that all day long here. I'll start...

People who insist on turning against heavy traffic from the driving lane even though there is a middle lane set aside for turning.

People who can't take two additional seconds to push their shopping cart into the stacked carts, but leave it laying around two or three feet away from where it should properly be put.

Men who piss into toilets without putting the seat up and/or don't wipe the seat. (Were you raised in a barn or is it that you're afraid of the germs on the seat but are also afraid of washing your hands after touching something "dirty"?)

Otherwise intelligent people who can't pronounce "nuclear" without putting two u's in it.

Tags: complaints, gripes, groans

Views: 1217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There seems to be an unwritten pact among smokers that any smoker owes another smoker in need a cigarette. Is it the same with alcoholics? (no) Heroin addicts? (I dunno)

See, it only works if the bummer gets the one he bums off back at some point. When that fails to happen at least half of the time, then it gets annoying. I am a recent quitter, and I had one friend who would bum even when they had cigarettes in their pocket but some how never had a cigarette when I, or any other friend, would ask for one.

And isn't the alcohol rule: Don't take the last one?

No clue for heroin though. Not into drugs lol. 

I'd say the buming of needles happens, at least.  The spread of HIV, etc. among intravenous users may be indicative of that.  I'm no scientist though.

Your friend was asking to bum a cigarette off you even though they have their own? My guess is they are extremely stingy... So stingy the normal metaphors for stinginess just don't do it justice.

It pisses me off when someone reeks so much of whatever (cigarettes, usually) that I have to get up and move away, lest I pass out or go into a sneezing fit. 

I hate that I've regressed in spelling as I've learned my second language (in which it is so much easier to spell) and as I've become dependent on spell check. 

I can't stand people who are "patriotic" because it's the thing to do.  Like it's a fad or your duty, as a non-terrorist.  As a corollary, I hate that any criticism of the US government, American culture, laissez-faire capitalism, or American foreign policy makes you "unpatriotic" and possibly communist/terrorist/evil/etc.

People who drive in my on my tail end.  People who like to chill out in my blind spot.  I always look, but it's still dangerous.  Do they want to increase their premium?

My most recent pet peeve is a HUGE one, and I think stems from a rather unique situation.  I'm living in Quebec, the supposedly French province of Canada.  I've learned a lot of French since living here, but almost exclusively from first generation immigrants who've never spoken English.  The Quebecois almost always refuse to speak their language with outsiders.  If they know English, they will speak English with anyone who doesn't sound Quebecois or French - sometimes even opting to speak English with French people (as in from France).  If they don't speak a word of English, they often ignore anyone who doesn't speak their dialect fluently or just get incredibly rude.

So all in all, my pet peeve is that I've moved to Quebec only to become, by necessity, and impromptu ESL instructor with people who are irritated that I don't speak their language.  How sad is that?

Sexism in its smallest forms. Whether it's a friend saying she doesn't want to have a baby girl because of drama, or others on FB posting sexist comments about women in general.

I also hate it when I reply to those posts and I'm greeted with open hostility, I mean it was obviously just a joke, right?

Hmm... I hate it when I'm reading and someone sits down to have a full blown convo with me.

I hate it when I'm standing on the bus and a guy asks me if I want a seat when there is an even older person in front of us... or really even if there isn't. I also hate it when guys keep asking even though I keep saying I don't want to sit.

I also hate it when I hear people say things like "she's not cute enough to act like that". And then I hate it even more because I want to state that someones level of attraction shouldn't limit or extend what they are (morally?) allowed to do... and I just keep going on and on in my mind. And then my freakin' head explodes...

I only have one:  Know-it-all pompous asses.

People that have really strong opinions on subjects they clearly know nothing about. That one has always irked me.

Parents that attempt living vicariously through their children not allowing their kids to become their own people.

All sorts of stuff, really.

More than people posting strong opinions into which they have not thoroughly delved, i can't stand when people try to sound like they know about a given topic  about which they are completely ignorant. i.e. when they post/write/speak in a way that is clear that they think they know something not just have an opinion.

For instance, I recently took a personal trainer certification; the instructor had a business degree. Now he was great for advice about how to get clients or how to deal with certain people, but when it came to actual science of muscles, joint action, and nutrition, he was hopelessly wrong. He passed himself off as an expert to those who didn't know what nonsense he was spouting. My favorite quote of the weekend: "It doesn't matter what you eat; broccoli isn't really healthy, and fried chicken isn't bad. It's simply calories and calories out." I don't think I need to explain the idiocy of that statement.

OMGerd--do I hate the vicarious living through your children thing!  I want to free the children.  Run away, run away.  My aunt has always wanted a girlie girl and after raising a tom-boy she's out full force with the pink fluffy accesories on the second daughter.  Cheerleading was inevitable...but at age five?  The poor kid frowns the entire time.  I want to say, "you don't have to be a cheerleader, little cousin.  Go play.  Be happy."

People who categorize all anti-gay sentiment as "homophobia" which means literally "fear of homosexuals." Sometimes it's just outright hatred and has nothing to do with fear. I think it's comforting in an ego-inflating sense to think that one's homosexuality strikes stark terror in the hearts of the opposition, but I doubt if that's always (and perhaps not even mostly) the case.

RSS

Blog Posts

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 0 Comments

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service